Joint Venture Regional Underwriting Manager
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a
strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing
the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams
which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are
all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a
positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to
take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary
employees. Come join us!loanDepot - We are America's
Lender.Position Summary:Responsible for the development and
oversight of the underwriters to ensure that they are trained in
the proper application of established company lending guidelines as
well as applicable agency and government requirements. This
includes the oversight of individual underwriter quality and
customer service standards.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to provide
vision and inspiration to peers and others.
- A thorough knowledge of FHA or VA regulations and FNMA/FHLMC
and investor underwriting guidelines.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Deep understanding of the sourcing, fulfillment and quality
control activities necessary to produce high quality, salable,
well-performing residential mortgage loans.
- Maintain working knowledge of all LDW programs to ensure loans
conform with program requirements through the loan process and be
able to answer questions as needed.
- Working knowledge of lending regulations.
- Natural collaborative approach to decision-making.
- Clear understanding of the implications of customer
- Effective decision-making, customer service, sales, customer
support and problem solving skills.
- Effective pipeline management.
- Assist with internal file audits and/or other issues as
- Provide feedback to VP, Underwriting on new hire
- Responsible for hiring and maintaining training schedules.
- Review escalations and provide support to risk department.
- Monitor, address and resolve Pre-fund/Post Close QC audits,
PETR letters and VA Deficiencies.
- Develop and assist in implementing underwriting
- Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of all policy
- Establish and maintain relationships with Ops and Sales
leadership to ensure timely and effective resolutions to customer
- Ensure all team members are current on LDU training.
- Perform related duties as requested to include, report
preparation, subject matter presentations and special projects to
assist in ensuring the success of underwriting team.
- Mentor team members.
- Maintains a working knowledge of agency guidelines in addition
to company products, systems, operational procedures and
- Ensure the UW team follow company quality standards and
customer service standards.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expert level underwriting skills as it relates to title,
income, credit reports and collateral.Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years residential mortgage underwriting
experience with recent exposure in both government and agency
- Prior work experience must include FHA underwriting and broad
- Previous experience Team Lead or Manager to Underwriters
- Operational knowledge of wholesale residential lending,
including production and support functions
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Proficient at running, reading and interpreting AUS results
including DU/LP and TOTAL scorecard
- Knowledge of Mortgage LOS systems, multiple AUS applications,
and underwriting software systems
- Bachelor's degree or mortgage equivalent experience
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: loanDepot, Lake Forest , Joint Venture Regional Underwriting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!