Simulation Education Specialist RN - Full Time Days
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday payDescriptionThe Simulation
Education Specialist RN reflects the mission, vision, and values of
NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
standards.The specialist serves as an expert and mentor in
simulation pedagogy. The Simulation Education Specialist works
within the Clinical Simulation Program of Central DuPage & Delnor
Hospitals to accomplish the mission to improve the safety and
quality of healthcare delivery though the use of simulation-based
education, innovation, and research.Responsibilities:
- Provide consultation on the use of simulation as an appropriate
tool for specific educational goals.
- Assists with the design, development, implementation, and
evaluation of simulation related projects or programs.
- Partner with content experts in the development of clinical
- Test/Pilot all new simulation scenarios.
- Select and/or develop, and implement evaluation tools
(instruments, metrics, and checklists) appropriate for the
measurement of simulation outcomes.
- Perform periodic review and evaluation of simulation courses to
ensure effectiveness; use internal and external benchmark data and
best practices to establish specific targets, timelines and metrics
- Support the preparation of writing grants to support the
- Serve as back-up for simulator operations.
- Educate others on the pedagogy of simulation.
- Mentor developing simulation facilitators.
- Assists in the development and implementation of simulation
policies, processes, and procedures consistent with the program and
organization mission and goals as well as the SSIH Accreditation
- Maintain & analyze data/information of simulation
- Develop and maintain communication tools related to
- Partner in simulation research, data collection, and
- Maintain professional growth & development through seminars,
webinars, workshops, conferences, and professional
- Maintain data confidentiality and security.
- Assist or provide visitor and guided tours.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master's Degree or Master's in progress with completion within
4 years of assuming role
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois
- Basic Life Support Certification through American Heart
- At least 5 years in diverse clinical environment
- At least 2 years simulation facilitator experience
- North Region Only: Valid government-issued driver's
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator
- 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of
clinical education programsEqual OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine
is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Lake Forest , Simulation Education Specialist RN - Full Time Days, Education / Teaching , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!