Central Station Engineer
Company: Netwatch Ireland & UK
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Central Station EngineerLocation: Lake Forest,
CADepartment: NMC Engineering
The Central Station Engineer is responsible for maintaining
critical technical systems for National Monitoring Center including
alarm automation software (MASterMind), call management software,
alarm receivers, telecom equipment, etc. The position also requires
some phone support of NMC's customers (alarm dealers).This position
is in Lake Forest, California. Remote work could be considered for
applicants with a large amount of industry experience. Typical work
schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm and some overtime may be
required. The position does require participation in a rotating
weekly on call schedule. The position reports to the Director of
Engineering in the Engineering Department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support the development of the existing Infrastructure systems
and participate in implementation of new technologies.
- Resolve network and technology related problems pertaining to
our solutions using a ticket-based system.
- Communicate with alarm dealers to resolve reported issues.
- Document reported problems, solutions, and root causes using a
- Communicate with hardware vendors and manufacturers to help
- Maintain up to date documentation on our solution topologies as
they change and evolve.
- Understand, maintain, and execute programming checklists for
various pieces of hardware and software including Windows Server
and PCs, alarm receivers, and phone equipment.
- Provide on-call (after hours/weekend) assistance as part of a
rotating on call schedule.
- Additional, but related, duties as requested by management.
Skills and experience required:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology (IT), Management
Information Systems (MIS), Network Administration, or similar
field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant and related experience is
recommended but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
documents, written reports and understanding of company policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to write and correct/edit various reports and business
correspondence as needed. Ability to present written information
accurately with minimal to zero errors.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing company
specific technologies and software.
- Experience with various networking hardware such as switches,
routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with basic networking concepts like DHCP, DNS,
subnetting, VLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Solid understanding (or experience) of the central
station/alarm monitoring industry including concepts such as alarm
automation software and alarm receivers.
- Capable of transitioning between team and individual
- Experience creating comprehensive documentation and work-flow
diagrams using Visio and related tools.
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, and communication
- Strong team player with the ability to work efficiently and
effectively within a team environment and adhere to existing
processes and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong attention to detail with extremely strong
follow-through, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Collaboration skills required; ability to manage effective
working relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome adversity as well as identify
and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Reliable with a positive attitude and professional
It is the policy of the Netwatch Group to provide equal employment
and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring,
training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national
origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other legally protected characteristic or
Keywords: Netwatch Ireland & UK, Lake Forest , Central Station Engineer, Engineering , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!