Senior Microelectronics Test Engineer
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.Boeings Solid State Electronics Development
organization (SSED), within the Boeing Research and Technology
(BR&T) organization, performs microelectronics technology
development and design for aerospace systems.We develop digital,
analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation,
electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other
electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing airborne,
terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with
state of the art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS,
GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication but
performs design (architecture, RTL, synthesis, circuits, physical
design, verification, packaging and test) in house. SSED has
numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing
customers and external Government Science and Technology (S&T)
customers. SSEDs large staff of microelectronics engineers conduct
research and designs microelectronics hardware in support of these
projects.We are seeking physicists and engineers to perform
microelectronics test, verification, and characterization/analysis
of custom digital, analog/mixed-signal, and RF SoCs die and
packaged devices.This position has a hybrid work arrangement which
is a combination of remote and on site work, generally includes
routinely working virtually one or more days per week, schedules
may vary by week. Position Responsibilities:
- Test and characterization of integrated circuits
- Working with digital, mixed signal, RF/microwave
- Working with Field Programmable Gate ArraysThis position
requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which
the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of
employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance
Post-Start is required.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in the design and test of integrated
- Hands On experience utilizing high-performance microelectronics
test equipment (prober, power supply, oscilloscope, spectrum
analyzer, network analyzer, etc)Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience analyzing and decomposing higher-level requirements
to microelectronics-level requirements, interfaces, and test.
- Experience developing test and verification plans and
- Experience applying design-for-testability strategies and
- Experience supporting electronics testing, including designing
test boards, writing test scripts (e.g. in LabView), writing test
plans, and generating concise reports.
- Experience with design and test of electronics for extreme
temperature environments (e.g. cryogenic).
- Experience with radiation effects on electronics including
related testing (e.g. spacecraft electronics).
- Experience extracting microelectronics performance parameters
and building simulation models.
- Experience supporting gate reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
including generating and presenting material to upper management
and other stakeholders.
- Design experience in analog, digital, mixed signal, RF, or SoC
domains or experience designing and/or testing chips in more than
one domain or FPGA.
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams.
- Experience with architecture and design of packaged electronics
(e.g. hybrid, module, system-in-package, heterogeneous,
- Experience writing firmware or software for embedded
- Experience supporting military programs.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-motived, independent,
high-performance team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Experience organizing and leading teams.
- Active security clearance.Typical Education/Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation: This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibilityBoeing is
a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Shift: This position is for first shiftVaccination
Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees
to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable
accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. for
current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements,
and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.by Jobble
Keywords: Boeing, Lake Forest , Senior Microelectronics Test Engineer, Engineering , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!