Senior Test Automation Engineer, Enterprise DevOps
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 20, 2023
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Senior Test Automation
Engineer, Enterprise DevOps Primary Lake Forest, Illinois Req ID
2211038 Category Information Technology Division AbbVie As the
Senior DevOps Test Automation Engineer, you are an emerging leader
who will nurture and scale our enterprise DevOps testing
capabilities to accelerate AbbVie's digital solution delivery. This
position requires an individual with leadership potential and
significant experience in DevOps test automation. You will lead
larger test automation efforts independently and act as a subject
matter expert to team members on smaller efforts.
- Do you love developing and delivering testing best practices
and processes to teams on an enterprise scale?
- Do you love applying your deep practical knowledge of DevOps
testing approaches to help teams deliver delightful digital
- Do you love working collaboratively with diverse technical
teams? If so, you may be an excellent fit for this role at AbbVie.
Join our mission to sustainably improve the lives of patients. This
position reports to the Associate Director of the Enterprise
Agile/DevOps Team at AbbVie's global headquarters in Lake County,
IL. Remote candidates are eligible to assume this role. Key
- Apply and scale your deep understanding of DevOps development
test automation methodologies and effective software development
- Lead planning, estimation and implementation of test automation
frameworks and strategies.
- Lead translation of manual testing scenarios to test automation
coverage across multiple toolsets (Tosca, qTest, etc.).
- Develop and deliver enterprise best practices and standards for
DevOps development test automation.
- Oversee the setup, configuration, and maintenance of automated
- Effectively communicate status to stake holders and proactively
locate and address concerns.
- Champion Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support
of DevOps processes with respect to development testing automation
Some traits we value (and hope you value too):
- Problem Solver. Tackles technical problems head-on through a
comprehensive approach that factors in technology, business,
people, and everything in between to meet objectives. Is proud of
the solutions they develop and aren't shy to share and collaborate
- Team Player. Collaborates well with others in the team to solve
problems and deploy them. We have an open culture, and we believe
this to be a critical trait of our success.
- Security Focused. Takes pride in passing security audits.
Understands how to design, build, test, and maintain secure,
cloud-based systems where data is encrypted in transit and at
- Automates Everything. It's not just about deploying resources
to the cloud but being able to do so repeatedly in a disciplined
- Creates Real-Time Feedback. Sets up systems that provide
constant feedback on the health of the system, early warning when
things go wrong, and actionable insights to respond quickly with
minimal downtime. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years' experience; Master's Degree
with 5 years' experience; PhD with 0 years' experience.
- Solid track record in the Agile/DevOps/Cloud domain. Specific
points of desired experience that will help the right candidate
"hit the ground running" include:
- Hands-on experience with Tricentis's suite of development
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools.
- Hands-on experience with log analysis and monitoring tools. At
AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
protected veteran status or any other legally protected
characteristic. At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals
from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions
for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical
or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company's
affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email
CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com . Significant Work Activities: Continuous
sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an
8 hour day) Explore our open jobs and find your perfect fit.Join
our talent network and receive AbbVie news and job alerts to your
inbox. First name Last name Phone number Email address Interested
In Please select a category or location option. Click "Add" to
create your job alert. Category Location
- Information Technology, Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Remove Confirm Email Recently viewed jobsYou have not viewed any
jobs recently.Phishing scam alert
Keywords: Allergan, Lake Forest , Senior Test Automation Engineer, Enterprise DevOps, Engineering , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!