Company: Alcon MX
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Are you ready to see your future like never before? If so, Alcon
is the place for you! A career at Alcon is like no other. We are
innovative. We are impactful. We are the largest eye care medical
device company helping restore sight and allowing millions of
people worldwide to see brilliantly. We have a long history of
industry firsts and a diverse hardworking team that keeps us on the
cutting edge. We are currently hiring a Principal Engineer to join
our R&D Support team in Lake Forest, California. This person
will blend expertise in healthcare and product engineering, while
working with UI Engineers, Requirements Engineers, Developers, and
stakeholders in building world class ophthalmology Software as a
medical device (SaMD) Product. Job Title : Principal Engineer
Location: Lake Forest, CA Key Responsibilities:
- Duties are listed in order of greatest importance. Other
responsibilities may be assigned. -
- As technical product owner participates
- In collaboration with technical lead building end to end
- In collaboration with UX designer UI and Usability design.
- In workshops with end users.
- Participates in design and requirement reviews to shape the
trajectory of our products and improve patient outcomes.
- Write technical documentation and effectively communicate
product workflow from end user perspective.
- Lead the product verification from end user perspective.
- Commit to quality and place patient safety at the forefront of
- In collaboration with Solution Architect and Software lead
develop technical road map for SaMD product lines in various
disease segments (Cataract, Refractive and Retina). Key
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related
experience (or high school +13 yrs; Assoc.+9 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs; PhD+0
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and
communicate in English.
- 5 Years of Relevant Experience -
- Work hours: 40
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% domestic
- Relocation assistance: Yes
- Sponsorship available: Yes Preferred Qualifications/skills
- Prior experience in driving software product development as
system engineer or technical product owner preferably in medical
device or healthcare environment.
- Prior experience working as technical product owner.
- Self-driven, organized and motivated in building SaMD
- Experience in Ophthalmology (Cataract, Refractive and/or
Retina). Total Rewards Alcon's Total Rewards programs are designed
to align to incentives with business goals, encourage the right
values and behaviors, and deliver long-term value. The first layer
of our rewards program is compensation. We offer a combination of
fixed pay and variable pay, which includes short-term incentives,
and long-term incentives for eligible population. Our benefits
program provides security for life events through life and
disability insurance, supports savings for retirement, promotes
good health and well-being and supports associates and their
families during times of illness. To learn more about Alcon's
Corporate Social Responsibility including our Total Rewards, click
here Pay Range$114,400.00 - $171,600.00Pay FrequencyAnnual Alcon is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon
takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies
are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion
or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally
protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a
position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. About Us At Alcon, we are committed to helping people
see better. We believe patients should have access to quality eye
care regardless of their economic circumstances; however, barriers
to good eye health exist for patients in both developed and
emerging markets. -Alcon develops and manufactures innovative
devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. Its
surgical group is one of the largest makers of equipment used for
cataract removal and laser vision correction. Its consumer products
include the well-known Opti-Free line of contact lens solutions and
related products. Alcon, which was founded in 1945, sells its
products in 180 countries worldwide.
Keywords: Alcon MX, Lake Forest , Principal Engineer, Engineering , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...