Director, Engineering - Consumables Product Development
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Connect to a Career That Makes a Difference Job Description -
Director, Engineering - Consumables Product Development (21300096)
Job Description Director, Engineering - Consumables Product
Development - ( 21300096 ) Description Position Summary The
Director, Consumables Product Development manages and directs an
engineering organization to design new products, modify existing
designs, improve production techniques, and develop procedures to
meet organizational needs and capitalize on new products. The
Director aligns with business unit leaders, marketing, and other
functions to ensure product performance.
- Direct multidisciplinary engineering and research and
development resources in the creation and modification of
- Identify, assess, and develop capabilities in the following
areas: Product development and planning, requirements and risk
management, test method development and validation, mechanical
design and design optimization, and product verification and
- Ensure successful implementation of product development
processes and design control procedures.
- Participate in the evaluation and assessment of products,
processes, and industry trends that can impact the business.
- Align dedicated and shared resources cross-functionally to
optimize and ensure success of the new product development
- Ensure efficient and effective transition from research to
development to high volume manufacturing.
- Perform periodic reviews of progress against plans. Ensures
plans are executed appropriately within the department. Be
accountable for timely delivery of all development deliverables
- Ensure compliance with ICU Medical Quality policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Work on special projects as they arise. Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills (budgeting, scheduling,
- Strong technical judgment, advanced technical leadership and
- Demonstrated capability of managing, leading, and developing
- Knowledge of materials (emphasis on medical plastics), medical
manufacturing processes, and injection molding processes
- Knowledge of engineering mechanics and physics, machine shop
practices, and drafting standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to
efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an
accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years engineering development and managerial
- Experience in product development processes and design control
- Experience in medical device industry Minimum Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age Travel Requirements
- Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time Physical
Requirements and Work Environment
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment. ICU Medical is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Lake Forest , Director, Engineering - Consumables Product Development, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!