Company: KemperSports, Inc.
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Deerpath Golf Course is an 18-hole facility located in the City
of Lake Forest. The golf course is a par 70, 18-hole championship
course that is considered one of the best municipal courses in the
north shore area of Chicago. Deerpath has a junior golf program
with revenues that exceed $300,000 per year. Additionally, Deerpath
is in the middle of a multi-year private fundraising campaign which
has already raised over $1,000,000 to date. Several improvements
have been added to the facility in recent years include a
100-person banquet patio, 60 new lithium golf carts, a comfort
station, continuous cart paths and additional on course drainage.
For more information about Deerpath Golf Course please visit
www.deerpathgolf.com . Position Summary: Manages and directs the
overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in
compliance and in accord with Company policies and procedures.
Develops and implements fiscal, operational, and business
development plans and strategies. Establishes and administers
operational standards and quality performance guidelines for all
system operating functions and staff. Essential Duties and
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development the facility's
annual business plan and operating/capital budgets. Make necessary
adjustments and approve the final version for submission to senior
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget
goals and objectives. Analyze budget variances, develop and
implement action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity
efficiencies vs. budgeted standards. Develop and initiate action
plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions
relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within
and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help
ensure coordination of activities between departments. Communicate
clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees and customers
as applicable. Interface directly with department management when
- Provide appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture
and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate
management staff to assist with their skill development and help
ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate
departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies &
- Oversee and manage employment activities, including but not
limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance
evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination,
etc. to ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and
- Assess the quality of customer service activities in all
departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their
implementation towards achieving increased customer service
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients,
municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry
developments through continuous attention to golf industry
periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required
operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Work with third party to promote and increase golfer
- Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate.
- Additional ad hoc projects as assigned. Qualifications:
- Exceptional human relations & customer service skills
- 3-5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management
experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget
development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle
multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work
flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all
situations. Department Managers which include Head Golf
Professional, Grounds Superintendent and Executive Chef.
Classification: KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Uniquely Dedicated. Distinctly Different. Custom Property
Management & Services
Keywords: KemperSports, Inc., Lake Forest , General Manager, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!