Executive Director, Privacy Officer
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Join a passionate and purpose-driven team of colleagues who
contribute to Trustmark's mission of helping people increase
wellbeing through better health and greater financial security. At
Trustmark, you'll work collaboratively to transform lives and help
people, communities and businesses thrive. Flourish in a culture
where appreciation, mutual respect and trust are constants, not
just for our customers but for ourselves. Our--Law team is looking
for a--Privacy--Officer. As Privacy Officer, you will:
- Develop privacy program and privacy strategy enterprise
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership and advice to
management and other associates on privacy related matters.
implementation and monitoring.
- Privacy incident handling,
- Privacy-related contract negotiations
- Privacy training In addition you will collaborate closely with
the Chief Compliance Officer on regulatory requirements and the
privacy program's governance framework and with the Chief
Information Security Officer on security related matters and policy
development. Job Responsibilities:
- Develop strong, effective working relationships with all
stakeholders (management, business partners, CISO, regulators, and
legal, compliance and internal audit professionals).
- Report on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to
inform the General Counsel, CEO, and senior management regarding
privacy work plans (inclusive of risk assessments) that is
reflective of the most significant privacy issues and that informs
on the operation and progress of privacy efforts.
- Lead a team of highly respected and qualified privacy
professionals who timely identify privacy issues and work
strategically to develop compliant, business-supported
- Maintain current knowledge of all privacy laws and regulations
impacting the enterprise.
- Oversee and monitor the process by which information on
applicable privacy law/regulation is implemented with the
functional areas of the organization.
- Ensure the Privacy Office and functional areas in the
organization have developed appropriate privacy policies,
standards, procedures and controls by monitoring and, as necessary,
helping to coordinate their privacy activities.
- Identify potential areas of privacy vulnerability and risk, and
help the business units to develop and implement corrective action
plans for resolution in such areas.
- Implement processes to capture lessons learned, prevent repeat
occurrences of failures, and continually improve the effectiveness
of the privacy program.
- Identify privacy-related topics appropriate for employee
training, education and awareness initiatives and working with the
appropriate resources to develop content and ensure effective
implementation. Note: Annual Privacy Training administration is
handled by the Compliance Department.
- Oversee the investigation, resolution and reporting of all
privacy incidents in accordance with applicable law and contractual
obligations. Education and Requirements:
- 8+ years of privacy-related experience, with a focus on HIPAA
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- Solid understanding of international privacy law and
frameworks, particularly GDPR required.
- Experience institutionalizing a Privacy by Design approach to
products, services, business practices and infrastructure
- Experience developing and implementing privacy policies,
standards and controls required.
- Experience working with, and presenting to, executive
management, corporate clients and regulators required.
- Juris Doctorate preferred
- Privacy Certification (e.g.: CIPP) preferred All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
sexual identity, age, Veteran status or disability. Trustmark is
pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a
Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
Keywords: CoreSource, Lake Forest , Executive Director, Privacy Officer, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!