Sr. Manager, Benefits Experience
Company: Tenneco Inc.
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with 2019 revenues of $17.5 billion and
approximately 78,000 team members working at more than 300 sites
worldwide. Tenneco is looking for a Senior Manager, Benefits
Experience to join the Benefits team, reporting to the Executive
Director, Global Benefits. This newly created role will be
responsible for managing the end-to-end employee experience as it
pertains to benefits over the employee life cycle (from onboarding
to offboarding). This individual will bring best practice ideas and
processes to benefit tasks such as annual enrollment, leave
administration and communication of benefits information. The suite
of benefit programs includes but is not limited to: health
coverages (medical, prescription drug, dental, vision), various
health accounts, well-being, life and accident insurance,
disability coverage, other voluntary benefits, 401(k) savings
plans, and pension plans. Key competencies for this position
include team building, accountability, project management, and a
deep knowledge of employee benefit plans and their administration.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Review benefit processes, develop recommendations for
improvements and harmonization of differing procedures, and
implement changes as approved.
- Participate in benefits strategy setting, vendor selections and
other processes to administer compliant, competitive, and
understandable benefit programs.
- Lead implementation of new programs and/or vendors,
coordinating with all key stakeholders to ensure success.
- Partner across the Enterprise to understand benefit needs,
identify gaps, and create project plans to develop "best in class"
- Work with other members of the Benefits team to troubleshoot
complex benefit issues, analyze root causes, and develop
- Collaborate with key stakeholders-HR team, auditors, finance,
accounting, payroll, legal, and senior management-on various
benefits initiatives and benefits administration needs.
- Work with benefit vendors and consultants to develop seamless,
holistic support model for plan participants, keeping apprised of
latest products and market developments that may be relevant.
- Develop and lead annual vendors summits, health fairs, wellness
challenges, preventive screenings, and other similar programs as
- Work with outside communications firm and benefit vendors to
develop clear and consistent employee communications materials,
including access channels to plan information.
- Support union and labor negotiation process as needed, managing
information flow to needed stakeholders in order to assure changes
- Support day-to-day operational issues, field employee benefits
questions from HR through benefits department mailbox, and assist
with appeals. Required Experience EDUCATION:--Bachelor's degree in
Business, Human Resources or related field. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years progressive benefits experience.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing benefits administration
systems, such as Conduent, Empyrean and the like.
- 3+ years of experience using various HRIS. SAP is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of U.S. benefit plan design, administration and
compliance requirements; familiarity with Canadian benefit plans or
other global benefits schemes is desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing benefit communications and
associated employee messaging through various channels, including
- Proven experience implementing benefits administration systems
and benefits programs. Six sigma and/or strong project management
skills are a plus.
- Ability to understand provisions of applicable laws,
ordinances, policies, rules, regulations, and memoranda of
- Well-versed in pertinent federal and state regulations, filing
and compliance requirements (i.e., ERISA, IRS 5500, 409A, Social
Security, DOL). Receive job alerts from our organization. Share job
opportunities with family and friends through email. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related
decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO Is The Law If you need assistance accessing our site, contact
us at 1-800-843-4169 ext. 9985 or email email@example.com
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Lake Forest , Sr. Manager, Benefits Experience, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!