Director, Laboratory Compliance
Company: HealthCare Talent
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare
position. Are you ready to join a dynamic company that offers job
stability and the opportunity for growth? We have an immediate need
for a Director, Laboratory Compliance in our Los Angles location.
Why Work Here?
- Work for one of the largest companies in the laboratory
- Enjoy job stability and growth opportunity
- Competitive compensation and e xcellent benefits package
- Great team that blends structure and an enterprising spirit!
Position Overview As the Director, Compliance you will be
responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Company's
Compliance program, which is designed to prevent illegal, unethical
or improper practices, and ensure consistent adherence by DHHS/OIG
Compliance Program for clinical Laboratories.-- The Director,
Compliance will work with the Chief Compliance Officer in
developing, updating, and monitoring the company Compliance
Program. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of
the rules and regulations deemed by OHSA, by the Clinical
Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1998 (CLIA), HIPAA, College of
American Pathologists (CAP), and other healthcare regulatory areas,
including self-referral/Stark law and anti-kickback regulations.--
This position reports to the Division President and at--this time
there are no direct reports. Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and ensure Federal, State, CAP, HIPAA, CLIA, and
Company policy compliance for all functions of laboratory
- Design, develop, update, and implement policies and/or
procedures designed to meet the compliance requirements of the
company, federal healthcare programs or other applicable fraud and
- Audit and monitor all compliance efforts, while developing and
implementing the activities necessary to demonstrate an effective
- Respond to alleged violations of company rules, policies,
procedures, state of federal business laws, rules, or regulations
by conducting investigative proceedings while ensuring the
implementation of corrective actions.
- Lead the company's commitment to ethical business practices,
setting the tone with division leadership to facilitate consistent
messaging throughout the laboratories.
- Provide or facilitate resolution of complex business issues
that may interface with multiple federal or state laws or
- Monitor and oversee internal reporting systems to ensure their
effectiveness, such as the Compliance Reporting Hotline, and report
through the proper chain of command.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies,
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required by the
compliance committee, Chief Compliance Officer, or division
President on the compliance program activities.--
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that
compliance procedures are followed and adhered to.--
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to
communicate compliance concerns, seek clarification, or report
- Lead all compliance training and awareness for the
division.--Serve as point of contact for the implementation of
national compliance awareness programs, materials, training modules
and develop local material for new or changing policies,
- Advise laboratory leadership team of emerging compliance issues
and consult with legal counsel to mitigate risk.
- Remain informed of industry trends, changes and best practices,
while interpreting rules, regulation and policy affecting
laboratories and/or locate source material such as Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services and affiliated Medicare
Administrative Contractors (MACs), DHHS Office of Inspector
General, and state regulators, etc.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department to ensure the
implementation of consistent disciplinary action for compliance
- Participate in and support all Quality Assurance and Quality
Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as needed.
- In addition to typical work schedule, may be scheduled to work
weekends, work split shifts, overtime, holidays, and attend
mandatory company meetings, as needed. Required Qualifications :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willing to do hands-on Compliance planning, training,
implementation, and follow up with internal and external
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents,
government regulations, executive orders, and agency
- Customer service oriented and possess strong interpersonal
skills and maintain a positive and friendly attitude when
interacting with patients, clients, and vendors.--
- Excellent communication skills in working at all levels of the
organization both orally and in writing to convey information to
promote compliance in the organization.-- Possesses the ability to
read, write, and speak English language.--
- Skilled with active listening, critical thinking, time
management, problem solving, and speaking.-- Possess ability to
communicate information and ideas so that it will be understood by
- Detail orientation with ability to manage a demanding workload,
exercise discretion, multitask and prioritize work
- Ability to type 40 to 60 Words Per Minute (WPM).--
- Have knowledge of principles and methods for showing,
promoting, and selling products or services.--
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or
degree in progress.
- Healthcare Compliance certification or in the process of
- Medical background or knowledge of medical
- Must have recently held "Director of Compliance" or Sr. Manager
in a very large lab, and preferably in a reference lab setting (vs.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in healthcare
regulatory or compliance related experience with increasing level
of responsibility and supervisory experience
- Excellent working knowledge of healthcare compliance, HIPAA,
State Privacy Laws, Stark, Anti-Kickback statute, etc.
- Demonstrate familiarity with healthcare laws, regulations, and
- Experience in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.--
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- Have five (5) years' or more experience in outpatient clinical
laboratory or pathology compliance setting.--
Strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements.
Bilingual/Multilingual is a plus.
National Operations Center
26090 Towne Centre Drive - Lake Forest, CA 92610
Keywords: HealthCare Talent, Lake Forest , Director, Laboratory Compliance, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!