Manager Demand Planning
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.About AbbottDiagnostic
testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the
prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health
conditions.Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give
you accurate, timely information to better manage your health.
We're empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to
help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of
life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's
diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of
people.Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity
for a Manager Demand Planning. - The primary function is to develop
demand based sales forecasts for all products. The forecasts will
be developed using internally developed user models, statistical
analysis and through direct interface with Marketing and Sales,
Manufacturing Operations and Finance. Demand forecasts drive Annual
Plan / Update and LBE sales planning, resulting production
planning, LRP forecasts and required capital investment planning.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manages supply chain program management process and
- Develops and manages the demand & supply plans during the new
product development process and its lifecycle.
- Engage Marketing and Sales, Manufacturing Operations and
Finance and lead the monthly Demand Reviews Cycle, being a crucial
part of the S&OP process.
- Establish models, databases and procedures for data
assimilation and reporting.
- Develop contingency plans in advance to facilitate immediate
action in response to demand changes that negatively impact
inventory on hand for assigned area.
- Develop transition strategy and forecasts during product
transitions including product launches, end of life, conversions
- Lead communications to business unit cross functional
management issues related to product sales forecasts and product
availability for assigned area.
- Monitor monthly performance of sales and forecasts to identify
and communicate trends that indicate gaps.
- Ensuring Supply chain material master data in the ERP system is
accurately maintained and is reflected in all the business
- Represents the supply chain program management function in
working with the Site integration, Operations, and other
departments as necessary on product transfer process.
- Develops ramp-up and ramp-down schedule as the product
transfers from one site to the other.
- Working with the site supply chain, supplier quality teams on
local supplier selection process.
- Identifies & manages process improvement projects that improve
customer service levels, improve product flows, minimize supply
chain costs and improve asset management.
- Partners with Engineering, production and global teams on
continuous improvement projects.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and
in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental
Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- In collaboration with Area's drive improvement in forecast
accuracy and demand process'.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels including employees, customers and
suppliers.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING---Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related
- 8 Years experience in progressively more responsible work in
Materials or re
- lated fieldPreferred
- 5 Years experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity
- Proven Demand Planning experience in a complex cross-functional
and global organization preferably in the medical sector.
- Comprehensive extensive experience in managing project teams or
- Must be skilled at delegation, follow-up, and team
- Comprehensive verbal and written analytical/problem solving,
communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills
are essential.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that
can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully:
http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx Follow your
career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is anEqual Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Lake Forest , Manager Demand Planning, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!