Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of the hotel. Create processes and procedures to ensure
the hotel is properly supplied with all guest amenities, are
meeting guest expectations, and the hotel is properly maintained
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the supplies and
equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for leading the
delivery of clean rooms for occupancy that meet the brand's time,
product and placement standards.
- Partner with the Operations Manager to monitor performance and
make recommendations for disciplinary and other human
- Partner with the Operations Manager to recruit, develop, and
manage the Housekeeping staff.
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure
furnishings, guest suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are
clean and in good repair to meet guest and owner expectations.
Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including
making beds, and vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure
guest satisfaction and owner expectations.
- Partner with the Maintenance Manager to operate the proper use
and cleaning of all commercial laundry equipment and management of
the laundry operation of the hotel.
- Partner with the Operations Manager to inventory and maintain
par levels for linen and supplies.
- Maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place
within the housekeeping department.
- Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health, and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS AND
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus five years housekeeping
experience including a minimum of one year of supervisory
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Reading and writing abilities are required in order to
communicate effectively with guests and co-workers, complete
written documented tasks, order supplies, receive instructions and
read equipment manuals and safety information.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays.Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in
helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and
their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.We are an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Lake Forest , Housekeeping Manager, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!