Convenience Store Manager
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Statement of the JobA Store Manager manages a convenience store
according to company policies and procedures to ensure maximum
sales and profitability. - He/She supervises personnel within the
store. - A store manager is an exempt employee. - Check with your
supervisor if you have a question about the meaning of the word
'exempt' as used in this context.Primary Responsibilities
- Have responsibility for the successful operation of the company
- Be able to perform all duties and responsibilities expected of
any store associate and all other duties assigned or
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding store guidelines. -
This includes car wash sales (if you have a car wash), inventory,
cash shortages, and budgeted hours.
- Develop and maintain a time schedule to adequately cover
staffing needs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and store
cleanliness, while remaining within budget guidelines.
- Perform all administrative duties in an accurate, complete, and
timely manner; including all required reports.
- Follow all corporate cash procedures, and strictly enforce
corporate cash policies in the store.
- Manager customer relations in an efficient and courteous manner
and provide for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for overall store maintenance and immediately
inform the general manager of all major equipment problems.
- Be responsible for enforcement of all company policies and
procedures within the store.
- Be responsible for adhering to all local, state, and federal
laws on aspects of store operations.
- Be responsible for store safety.
- Make sure that the store is properly stocked with product at
all times, and there are adequate store supplies.
- Monitor facility gasoline inventories and properly report
- Interview, select, and hire store personnel using
company-approved approaches and provide new employee training.
- Periodically conduct performance evaluations of employees.
- As necessary, counsel and/or discipline store associates,
keeping in mind company policies and procedures.
- Terminate store associates as necessary, in conformance with
company policies and procedures.
- Attend all manager meetings and required training sessions, and
conduct regular employee meetings. - Openly communicate with
management on important issues.Minimum Requirements
- High School education or equivalent.
- Basic Computer SkillsSpecial Skills
- Positive personality and customer-service oriented.
- Can work effectively with other employees and has good verbal
and written communication skills.
- Can deal with pressure and work quickly and pay attention to
- Has a strong desire to succeed.
Keywords: Shell, Lake Forest , Convenience Store Manager, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!