Assistant Store Manager- Store
Company: 99 Cents Only
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our Promise to you is...OPPORTUNITY
Join Us at the 99 and together we'll grow your skills, develop your
career and build your best future
Now Hiring, Weekly Pay, Full Benefits
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) - is responsible for driving the
store's merchandising and operations strategy through cleanliness,
presentation, display, product selection, inventory control, and
disposal to generate profitable store growth. In addition, the ASM
will be responsible for daily Operations Management which includes
staff training/development, guest experience, hiring of associates,
and Asset Protection. The ASM will run daily operations in the
absence of the Store Manager and will work with store leadership to
drive overall store performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee efficient preparing, unloading, sorting, staging,
stocking, and backhaul processes
- Ensure fresh displays are replenished, rotated, culled several
times daily. Set quality standards for culling.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product.
- Oversee/ train on guidelines for all perishable handling.
- Ensure that cycle counts/Liquid Forms are being completed
timely and accurately to reduce scrap and maximize sales.
- Ensure work areas are maintained, clean, neat, organized
including fixture deep cleans as needed.
- Track stocking productivity daily and hold Stockers accountable
to case per hour labor standards.
- Use SSO reports to review re-orderable items that are available
in the Distribution Center (DC).
- Responsible for overseeing Seasonal Department including set-up
/ planning/ stocking / maintenance
- Operate and inspect powered industrial equipment (i.e. Electric
Pallet Jack (EPJ) and/or Forklift, refrigerators, coolers, and
- Responsible for front end staff training and guidance in day-to
- Plan front end merchandise layouts and maintain shelves and
- Ensure specialty racks programs assigned and refilled daily
(reading/sunglasses, batteries, etc.)
- Responsible for ordering store supplies including all front-end
supplies (example bank change)
- Ensure all Asset Protection programs are being executed and any
exceptions are being reported to the Store Manager and Regional
Asset Protection Manager.
- Conduct required audits to ensure the store is functional, safe
and in compliance.
- Support Store Manager with hiring and onboarding
- Manage recovery process to ensure best practices are being
- Assist Store Manager in enforcing all Company Hazardous Waste
Programs including storage, disposal, logs, HWBP (Hazardous Waste
Business Plans) and ordering Hazmat equipment.
- Ensure the store is a safe place for associates to work and
customers to visit.
- Coach, support, and evaluate new and existing associate
- Ensure all associates are completing all required training
programs and documenting results per company guidelines.
- Check and execute SAM Tasks (Task Management system)
- Assist in store's shrink awareness programs and provide
- Assist with all daily store functions and activities including
- Abide by and uphold all company policies, internal controls,
and procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Protect company assets, implementing and executing all company
programs and expectations.
- Foster and actively promote a team environment supportive of
diversity, individual development, and winning as a team.
- Cover additional duties assigned by the Store Manager.
- Available to open and close store.
Qualifications and Requirements
Core Competencies Required:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relations and delivering
- Being Resilient and Flexible: Overcomes setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to
- High School Diploma required; AA Degree preferred.
- 2+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99 - Only Stores or
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance
- Ability to work effectively multi-task in a fast-paced work
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in
order to manage day to day operations.
- Execute 99 - Only Stores visual merchandising standards as
measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend, twist and reach with a
moderate amount of manual dexterity
Keywords: 99 Cents Only, Lake Forest , Assistant Store Manager- Store, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!