Technical Support Product Manager
Company: Atlantic Partners
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 24, 2023
We are currently hiring a Technical Support Product Manager,
Digital Health SMARTCataract to be located in Lake Forest, CA (or
remote- US). This role is expected to lead, manage, and oversee the
specialization, goals, feature roadmap, feature prioritization,
structure, and expectations of the SMART Solutions software product
for internal support. That also includes the planning and
monitoring required for producing the ideal software. help shape
and guide the strategic vision, product release milestones, life
cycle management and knowledge transfer to respective downstream
Furthermore, the role will be responsible for collaborating with a
diverse group SMEs on Cross functional teams from the Global
Surgical Franchise, Regions/Affiliates, and internal partners
responsible for the marketing, commercialization and
operationalization to execute a best in class launch of digital
Ultimately, the role will be collaborating closely with a wide
variety of internal and external customers globally to actively
engage and seek feedback that enables the surgical franchise team
to represent the voice of the customer accurately and courageously
on our approach to providing dynamic digital health solutions to
- Shape product strategy for internal stakeholders for our
digital health platforms such as SMART Solutions and related
applications via management of planning, prioritization,
specification, acceptance and education processes for all product
- Serve as a subject matter authority on the capabilities of the
services offered on custom developed platforms for Cataract surgery
and related topics.
- Collaborate with R&D on technical knowledge transfer to
respective downstream support and connectivity teams
- Evaluate, triage and own escalations to engineering through to
their completion while providing follow up details to the support
teams or customer.
- Collaborate with product engineering to evaluate new or changes
to existing workflows.
- Update knowledge base as needed to reduce support escalations
and improve resolution times.
- Communicate product improvements, latest service
troubleshooting techniques to the support teams.
- Maintain a current, in-depth knowledge of the product, its
functions and capabilities to support and provide guidance to both
internal and external customers.
- Close collaboration and partnership with cross functional teams
(i.e., SMART Solutions Portfolio Directors, Tech Support,
Connectivity, Surgical Global Directors, R&D, Clinical,
Regulatory, Quality Assurance, GPD, Legal departments, IT,
Cybersecurity and others)
- Listen to and incorporate the voice of internal customers and
for new product development through active participation on R&D
core teams and innovation initiatives, application design and
digital platform operation.
- Serve as a subject matter authority in the Agile methodology
and create workflows and tools used to implement the product
roadmap across the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps and release
- Oversee the backlog of improvements and defects, defining the
requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Partner with project managers to ensure timely delivery of
product capabilities to market.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various
partners about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Prepare budgets based on scope of work and resource
requirements and track project progress against them.
- Oversee the development of detailed project plans created by
Project Managers and provide updates on a consistent basis to
various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and
- Analyze market capabilities to ensure service offerings that
are competitive in functionality and price
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related
experience (or high school+15 yrs; Assoc.+11 yrs; M.S.+7 yrs; PhD+3
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate
- 7 years of related experience that may include the following:
Experience in surgical ophthalmology, product ownership on software
projects, project management experience on information technology
software projects, etc.
- Work hours: Standard
- Travel Requirements: Up to 30%
- Relocation assistance: Yes
- Sponsorship available: No
- Experience with tech support, service engineering and
connectivity in the medical technology space
- Ability to guide and manage product capabilities for internal
stakeholders (i.e. service, sales, operations)
- Deep understanding of data standards such as DICOM and
- Ability to root cause technical issues and manage escalations
- Demonstrated success in building a technical knowledge base for
downstream support functions
- Experience supporting cloud based medical technology data
- Ability to understand technical concepts relating to
connectivity, data, analytics and Ai as it relates to the medical
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall project
- Experience working with team leads to ensure projects are
delivered on time.
- Ability to assess risk and identify key team members necessary
to remove barriers.
- Must be reliable and highly accountable for projects, ensuring
all team members understand the deliverables and offering reminders
as needed to keep each project on track.
- Works well in a dynamic team environment yet be able to work
independently as needed
- Independent thinking and good judgment are vital to respond to
- Collaborative: an open and respectful executive who is
perceived as a welcome addition to -- and natural leader for --
cross-functional teams; able to respect other points of view and
put the good of the organization ahead of personal
- Cross-cultural sensitivity is critically important; a record of
accomplishment of hands-on success in more than one market would be
- Direct; analytic; someone who can thoroughly understand complex
situations and quickly cut through to the key elements without
"getting lost in the details".
- High energy; organized; able to successfully drive performance
and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creative; willing to challenge the status quo; able to
understand when and how to take appropriate risks to drive
Keywords: Atlantic Partners, Lake Forest , Technical Support Product Manager, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...