VP Business Development
Company: Crawford & Company
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Excellence In Everything We Touch
Responsible for the overall development, implementation and growth
of clients and revenue for designated product lines/services. Will
deepen relationships with our customers and brokers, drive both
expansion and penetration of our offerings/services across our
markets, drive efficiency/automation/digital connectivity with our
clients and develop/deepen talent. Establishes and builds strong
client relationships that over time allow for continuing and new
- Responsible for the overall sale of new business, new business
to existing accounts, and account retention.
- Manages the entire sales life cycle including: developing and
implementing sales strategies; identifying prospects along with key
decision makers and stakeholders; planning and preparing proposals;
negotiation and closure of sales deals.
- Visualizes future market opportunities and navigates the
industry landscape proactively in anticipation of regulatory
changes and market indicators that may affect the
- Strengthens/expands industry relationships.
- Develop sales strategies that helps identify target accounts
and opportunities within the framework of the organization-wide
- Leverages the current management team's industry expertise and
operational effectiveness. Ensures the management team achieves
growth objectives and effectively functions as a team.
- Attracts and develops the best people in the industry; builds
out an advanced operational and marketing structure capable of
supporting future growth by establishing documented, measurable,
predictable and continuous improvement standards and operating
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years experience
- Product: Deep understanding of ancillary products including
disability, group life, absence management, and critical illness -
preferably in an aggressive consumer-driven healthcare or financial
services company known for its customer-centric practices.
- Strategy: Understand competitive market trends in the delivery
and distribution of products and leveraging technology to a
competitive advantage. Ability to provide competitive advantage for
both Broadspire and Crawford in the marketplace.
- Leadership: Track record of owning P&L's and leading large
teams and encouraging and enabling professional development to
ensure the existence of a strong succession pipeline. A thought
leader who enjoys working in a highly collaborative, matrixed
- Change Agent: A business builder who has experience in leading
change resulting in successful transformations. He/She possess
analytic and strategic skills with an ability to resolve complex
technical and business challenges to achieve profitable
- Executive Presence: Must have the stature/gravitas to establish
a strong network within Broadspire and Crawford, as well as the
broader insurance industry. Excellent open communicator who can set
clear objectives and drive organizational performance and
accountability in partnership with senior management.
- Understand and Shape Customer Needs
- Create Distinctive Value for Customers
- Build Deep Customer Relationships
- Anticipate and Interpret Market Changes
- Envision the Future
- Co-Create Meaning and Purpose
- Engage and Energize the Organization
- Lead through Influence
- Develop Talent
- Build and Develop Teams
- Strengthen Organizational Capability
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to see and read.
- Reaching and manual dexterity for operating computer
- While performing the duties of this position, auto travel may
- The employee is required to extend hands and arms in various
directions in order to handle files and associated paperwork; use
hands/fingers in repetitive motion in keyboard usage; use
hands/fingers to efficiently utilize a writing instrument.
- Stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, sitting,
walking, pushing, pulling, is relative to office files,
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word is
required, as well as the ability to convey detailed/important
instructions in an accurate manner.
- Ability to frequently talk or hear on a telephone and receive
detailed information through oral communication is
- Exertion up to 20 pounds of force is occasionally required
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Visual activity requirements are those of Clerical
Administrative. This is a minimum standard for use with those whose
work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures,
accounting, computer terminal, extensive reading, operation of
machines, and using measurement devices.
Because a claim is more than a number - it's a person, a child, a
friend. It's anyone who looks to Crawford on their worst days. And
by helping to restore their lives, we are helping to restore our
community - one claim at a time.
At Crawford, employees are empowered to grow, emboldened to act and
inspired to innovate. Our industry-leading team pioneers new
solutions for the industries and customers we serve. We're looking
for the next generation of leaders to take this journey with
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages,
reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. -Though our
reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in
purpose, vision and values. Learn more at -www.crawco.com.
When you accept a job with Crawford, you become a -part of the One
Crawford family. -
- Our total compensation plans provide each of our employees with
far more than just a great salary
- Pay and incentive plans that recognize performance
- Benefit programs that empower financial, physical, and mental
- Training programs that promote continuous learning and career
progression while enhancing job performance
- Sustainability programs -that give back to the communities in
which we live and work
- A culture of respect, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee
at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this
position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole
property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Crawford & Company, Lake Forest , VP Business Development, Executive , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...