Bilingual Mental Health Therapist
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: October 19, 2020
OverviewThe Bilingual (Spanish/English) Mental Health Therapists
are a part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals
providing mental health services to children and their caregivers.
Specialty populations include foster and adopted children, and
those being raised by relatives. The Therapist participates in the
daily provision of services to clients within the program through
assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case
management functions in family systems, strength-based model.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide
individual and group supervision, regular clinical case
conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field
experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can
be mitigated though your clinical training stipend, and you will
receive a $4000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Looking to
expand your clinical skills even more? Apply for a Professional
Development Scholarship and achieve certifications in areas such as
CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners.
Training and growth opportunities in the agency are abundant, and
Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca's comprehensive employee benefits package ensures that you
are just as supported outside of work. We provide 75% of your
medical premium, and full coverage for dental, vision,
chiropractic, acupuncture, long term disability, and life
insurance. We also cover 50% of premiums for dependents. Our
fully-paid Employee Assistance Program provides mental health
support as well as work and life services, and you will accrue 5
weeks of paid time off every year.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift
traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a
nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and
connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental
health services. Seneca's agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee
Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees
provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the
families we serve.Responsibilities
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who
present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients
including: obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment,
obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various
adults or professionals involved in the client's life in order to
develop and implement the treatment plan
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment,
implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental
health services including individual, family and group therapy in
addition to case management, linkage and consultation with
community resources including schools and other providers
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases
- Comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal
compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by
Seneca Family of Agencies
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage
and family therapy or similar field
- Eligible to register with the California BBS
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to
children, adolescents and families, a plus!
- Must have experience and understanding of the clinical
diagnostic process and utilization of the DSM-IV
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- Additional salary increase for bilingual Spanish abilities upon
successful completion of the language proficiency exam.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision,
and assistance toward licensure.
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Lake Forest , Bilingual Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!