Nursing Operations Leader - Full Time Nights
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: November 21, 2022
DescriptionThe Nursing Operations Leader reflects the mission,
vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of
Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all
relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory
and accreditation standards.Responsibilities:
- This role is a professional nurse who coordinates hospital
- Collaborates and communicates with administration, nursing
directors, managers, charge nurses and members of the patient care
team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with managers and directors to maintain
operational aspects of the patient units; ensures that standards of
nursing care are met for all patients.
- Provides clinical expertise and support for staff nurses to
ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
- Serves as the administrative leader on duty, responding to
problems or concerns in any hospital department as needed.
- Responds to all emergency situations on hospital premises
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Assesses bed tracking
system for coordination for patient placement in collaboration with
the UR/Bed planner.
- Serves as a clinical resource to all nurses and consults on
- Assesses patient status when significant changes warrant
physician calls when notified by bedside RN.
- Provides leadership and direction for staff during a specified
- Maintains effective staffing levels, providing staffing
decisions that reflect the needs of the patients and standards set
by the managers/directors.
- Prioritizes, assigns and reviews work; provides feedback to
manager/director regarding staff performance.
- Collaborates with physicians and administrators as needed
regarding patient care or unusual occurrences.
- Identifies potential quality concerns to the charge RN, manager
and/or director for follow up.
- Coordinates activities with administrator on call and reports
- Acts as Incident Commander in disasters until appropriate
- Collaborates with Quality, Risk, Patient Relations, and
Security for all patient/visitor issues.
- Fields outside calls and assists the caller in obtaining
answers to their concerns.
- Develops and distributes daily NOL report highlighting the
events throughout the hospital for the past 24 hours.
- Activates throughput/peak census/surge notifications in
collaboration with Admin on call (AOC/Vice President on call
- Leads Surge calls in conjunction with the AOC and VPOC and
implements plans determined on those calls.
- Assists in urgent or emergent transfers.
- Coordinates surgical add on cases after hours.
- Adjust staffing to meet sitter needs when applicable.
- Updated EM Resource and EMR for bypass status.
- Coordinates notifying on call staff when needed.
- Receives and communications all sick calls for Nursing
- Adheres to the Department of Nursing requirements for required
training for the organization.
- Contributes to relevant committees, councils, professional
meetings, offering professional insight and
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of
- BLS through American Heart Association within 30 days of
- ACLS within 3 months of employment
- At least 3 years of clinical experiencePreferred:
- Master's of Science in NursingEqual OpportunityNorthwestern
Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age,
sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Lake Forest , Nursing Operations Leader - Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!