Diagnostic Imagining Technologist-Radiology III-PD
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Under general supervision, operates radiographic equipment,
including whole body CT scanners and radiographic equipment;
develops x-ray images; maintains adequate records; assists
physician in fluoroscopic examinations; operates portable x-ray
equipment, and follows standard radiation and safety
- Explain test procedures and purpose.
- Demonstrate equipment for patient.
- Assist physician during minor surgical procedures, and in
developing new techniques and procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Assist provider in patient examinations and procedures.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Lift patients.
- Modify treatment techniques which do not require change in
- Monitor and evaluate test readings during procedures.
- Observe, monitor, and evaluate patient condition during and after
- Prepare and position patients for diagnostic imaging tests.
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue) and stat
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas.
- Transport patients to/from procedure area.
- Assist physician with fluoroscopic examinations.
- Assist in cardiovascular procedures.
- Develop digital or film images and makes prints if
- Load and unload imaging film in radiology equipment.
- Mix and administer barium to patients.
- Perform whole body CT scans and take radiographs.
- Assist physician with inpatient and outpatient pacemaker
- Perform radiation safety monitoring.
- Clean darkroom, procedures room, and work area.
- Records patient Information.
- Review patient charts to evaluate patients and identify
- Compile data for Quality Assurance.
- Complete diagnostic examination requisitions, forms, and records
for pre-op work.
- Check emergency equipment.
- Restock supplies in examination rooms.
- Select and set out appropriate tubing and sterile supplies.
- Set up instruments and surgical trays. Operate radiographic,
fluoroscopic, and portable x-ray equipment.
- Arrange for repair of imaging equipment.
- Inspect equipment and instruments for damage.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Fill requests for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Dispose of expendable medical supplies, and of used syringes and
contaminated materials properly.
- Inventory equipment and supplies.
- Maintain solutions, chemicals, and automatic equipment.
- Replenish supplies and equipment.
- Maintain patient information material.
- Attend conferences, meetings and in-service training
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural
questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Conduct in service training.
- Maintain current licensure/certifications, and proficiency in
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as
Pay Grade: 26
--- Must have three (3) years of recent Radiologic technology
experience, including one (1) year of recent experience in whole
body computerized tomography (CT). The one (1) year of CT
experience requirement may be substituted with successful
completion of the department's formal CT training program.
--- Possesses and maintains current California (CRT) and American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification.
--- Fluoroscopy Certification required.
--- Certificate in Venipuncture.
--- American Heart Association approved BLS Certification.
--- Technical skills and knowledge required may vary by location
--- Operates radiographic and/or fluoroscopic equipment as well as
film or digital processing equipment.
- This is a variable position, start times may vary within the
- Will Work Occasional Weekends.
- Might be asked to work in other south county location.
Job Category: Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, Lake Forest , Diagnostic Imagining Technologist-Radiology III-PD, Healthcare , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!