Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a
strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing
the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams
which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are
all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a
positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to
take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary
employees. Come join us!loanDepot We are America's Lender.Position
Summary:Responsible for underwriting loans for successful
transaction and sale. Ensures the performance of all duties in
accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S.
state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company
- Underwrites 4 6 Conventional, USDA, FHA, and VA loans within
company, investor, and industry guidelines per day with a standard
turnaround time of 24 - 48 hours.
- Maintains a current knowledge of loan programs.
- Analyzes and issues credit decisions. Reviews and makes
informed decisions on financial statements, credit reports and
applicable ratios (i.e., DTI and LTV).
- Analyzes risk appropriately by assessing property information
including: purchase contract, escrow instructions, and preliminary
- Evaluates/examines transactions to ensure accuracy and
completeness. Ensures documents are consistent and compliant.
Identifies red flags on documentation.
- Assists with renegotiation of loans based on lending
- Gathers information from agency materials to make appropriate
decisions. Assigns and signs off on appropriate loan
- Assists Processing Department with problematic files to
- Effectively explains rationale behind credit decision to
internal customers and/or auditors.
- Answers program guideline and borrower qualification questions
from loan consultants and processors.
- Communicates effectively with internal staff to maintain high
level of customer service.
- Calculates complex income scenarios.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Requirements:
- High School Degree or equivalent required and a minimum of six
(6) + years of successful professional experience within the
mortgage lending industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) + years of successful Conventional, FHA,
and VA underwriting experience required.
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) certification
required and SAR certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Desktop Underwriter (DU) and Loan Prospector
(LP) Programs required. The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony HsiehWe are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.PM17 PI123077871
Keywords: loanDepot, Lake Forest , Retail Underwriter-Sr, Hospitality & Tourism , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!