Store Assistant Manager - Lake Forest
Company: The Salvation Army
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionPAY RATE: $17.00 hourABOUT THE ARCThe Salvation Army
(TSA) Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) is a no-fee program to
assist men & women in their journey to complete our rehabilitation
program. We are grateful for the contributions our valued employees
make toward the maintenance and effectiveness of the programs. The
organization is indebted to and dependent on the diligence and
devotion of its employees.ABOUT OUR RETAIL TEAMBecome part of the
dedicated Retail Team at The Salvation Army! Together we can
continue to serve and impact our local community, through the
commitment to Do The Most Good at our Lake Forest Thrift Store,
which supports the Adult Rehabilitation Program. This is an
opportunity to promote a positive shopping/donor experience,
enhance customer service, problem-solving and teamwork skills,
while contributing to the success of our Program and its
participants. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OFFERED
- Opportunity for career growth
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Monthly management incentive bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) As our enthusiastic and
hardworking ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, you will be responsible for
(but not limited to):
- Taking an active role and partners with the Store Manager in
the day-to-day operation of the store.
- All day-to-day store operations in the absence of the Store
- Providing coaching, training, and development to the Store
- Ensuring Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good
Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and
service is quick and efficient.
- Communicating any personnel issues with Management, in absence
of Store Manager. May issue disciplinary warnings, conference
reports, employee evaluations and goals as needed in coordination
with the HR Generalist/Coordinator and District Sales Manager
- Ensuring store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards,
adequate inventory levels on hand.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) In absence of Store Manager, ensure
that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently
to meet daily processing goals.
- Adequate amount of change at the beginning of each day, always
safeguarding cash in registers and safe and banking of cash
receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Assisting the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures
are established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and
- Implementing appropriate loss prevention measures.
- Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by
Management, Retail Directors and Command
Administration.Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Retail
- Must be able to accurately handle POS/Cash Register operations
and cash transactions.
- Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History
and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow
store employees, customers, and donors. Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file
cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and
carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to move product up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
accommodationSchedule Our stores operate 7 days per week. Work
schedules are determined by Management and employee must be
flexible to always ensure adequate store coverage. Full-time
associates may be scheduled to work any full-time shift including
evenings, weekends, and holidays.The Salvation Army will comply
with all governmental orders and any contractual obligations
relative to COVID-19 safety measures, including mandatory
vaccination of staff, if required. The Salvation Army will consider
requests for exemptions from any such requirements on either
religious or medical grounds when
- High School or Equivalent or betterLicenses &
- Driver's LicenseEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Lake Forest , Store Assistant Manager - Lake Forest, Hospitality & Tourism , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!