Senior IT Applications Project Manager
Company: Akorn, Inc.
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Akorn Inc is seeking a Senior IT Application Project Manager who
would be responsible for managing the implementation of IT driven
projects within the company. This position will be focusing on
application projects in a pharmaceuticals environment but may also
include infrastructure or other areas as needed. This role will be
required to develop a close partnership with business stakeholders
to understand business process, objectives, and driving
efficiencies through IT solutions. In addition, this role will be
engaged in vendor management, vendor product assessments,
application deployments and application upgrades. The PM will be
responsible for driving the full lifecycle of project delivery,
from requirements definition through implementation and roll out,
working with a cross functional team of business and technical
resources. The project manager will be ultimately accountable for
the success of the project and work closely with the business
clients of the project to ensure objectives are delivered as
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy,
dependencies, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks,
contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to
determine goals, time frames, budgetary requirements, process and
procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements,
and allocation of resources.
- Monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet
contractual specifications. Determines need for and impact of
changes in scope of project and makes recommendation based on
- Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from stakeholders
regarding the various project aspects, adjusts accordingly.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes
project team members to ensure communication and understanding of
deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact
with client project management.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project
deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. Identifies need
for changes and revises within established guidelines/policies as
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project
risks. Develops, recommends and implements risk mitigation
solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and
manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical
requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when
additional resources are need and implements same.
- Manages to all levels of management clients, company management
and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance
by obtaining and providing project metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and
provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of
project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed
guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Experience with quality and regulatory compliance requirements
in the healthcare or pharma industry
- Experience in managing application projects from conception to
production managing all aspects of solution delivery including;
requirements gathering, scope definition, resource planning, budget
management, status reporting, risk management and change
- Proven experience managing medium to large scale projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information
technology, engineering or related field preferred
- Ten or more years of project management experience
- Experience working with project management methodology
including budget development, project planning, control and
assurance methodologies, project management software and finance
and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that
increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- PMI/PMP, ACP CSM or other PM certification preferred
- Six Sigma and quality continuous improvement experience a plus.
Company Overview Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that
develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription
pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We
specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile
dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids,
topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products
to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians,
veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group
purchasing organizations, and government agencies. EEO Statement
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in
maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment
practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status,
disability, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Akorn, Inc., Lake Forest , Senior IT Applications Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!