Software Engineer 3
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Client Domain/Industry: (Avionics) - Experis, a ManpowerGroup
company has an exciting contract opportunity for a Remote Software
Engineer (Only W2). This position is a 6-9-month contract with
possible extension, for one of our key clients, which designs,
engineers, manufactures, sells and installs customized in-flight
entertainment and communications solutions to airlines worldwide
and headquartered in the city of Lake Forest, CA.Job Title: Remote
Software EngineerLocation: 100% Remote (Lake Forest, CA)Duration:
6-9-month contract with possible extensionPosition
SummaryResearches, develops, and maintains real-time embedded
multi-threaded Linux application software. Candidate has specific
technical responsibility in the area of networking software design
and development to support the complex networking infrastructure
associated with CLIENT In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems.
Development projects often involve networking-related technologies
such as Linux iptables, IP routing, VLAN/Ethernet switch config,
various networking protocols, as well as Wi-Fi network development
technologies.Duties and Responsibilities The following are the
primary job duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to
produce IFE network solutions.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software
development, test, and reuse, and manages implementation for
projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve
efficiency and robustness.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system designs and interfaces.
- Designs, modifies, and implements complex software network
solutions from functional and system design specifications
- Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation,
specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Assists in definition, analysis, and allocation of
- Supports system test programs and analyzes system testing
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional
block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through
familiarity with software lifecycles.Skill/Knowledge
RequirementsThe following are the minimum skill and knowledge
qualifications required to successfully perform the job; these are
requirements (not nice-to-haves) for a candidate to be considered
for the position:
- Strong proven experience in C\C++ programming languages
- Deep knowledge and experience in multi-threaded embedded
- Proven experience in development under Linux.
- Proven experience in socket programing, IPC and PUB/SUB
- Understanding of the networking protocols
- Familiar with Routing, firewall, VLAN, switches (layer 1/2/3)
technology and protocol, Wi-Fi networks, performance tuning is
- Experience in troubleshooting Ethernet and Wi-Fi network
- Strong understanding of working with "data" such as data
manipulation, data aggregation, data processing, or related.
- Familiarity and knowledge of open source projects like
Prometheus, Rook.io, Kubevirt, Contour, Envoy, Consul, cdk8s,
Vault, Ceph, Cloudprober, Etcd, Calico, Terraform
- Prefer experience implementing integration between
embedded/IOT, data center and cloud environments
- Ability to resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
IFE development involves many system level issues including real
time, performance and reliability requiring understanding of
distributed processors in an embedded system environment. Many
problems are multi-dimensional requiring non-traditional solutions
to fit within the constraints of an embedded system providing
highest value to the customer and end user to bring entertainment
in an aircraft.
- Experience in leading and/or providing technical guidance to
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and company policies and
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including
concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools like git and
svnEducation/Experience Requirements The following are the minimum
education and experience qualifications required to successfully
perform the job; these are requirements (not nice-to-haves) for a
candidate to be considered for the position:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Advanced degree is desired
- 10-15 years of related development experience.
- 8+ years of embedded software development experience.
- 8+ years of current hands on development experience with one of
the following: C/C++, and development of networking related
solutions. Very high technical competence with a track record of
- 3+ years programming experience desired in Go and/or
- 1+ years of experience with Container and Virtual Machine
architectures (e.g. KVM, containerD, Docker, LXC).
- 1+ years of experience desired using Kubernetes orchestration
platforms (e.g. k8s, k3s, Rancher, consul, openshift).
- 1+ years of experience desired using open source CNI
implementations (e.g. Flannel, Calico, KubeRouter)
- 5+ years of Networking Engineering using BGP, IPIP, ISIS,
Switches, Routers, etc. Primary Recruiter: Yogesh GatheRecruiter
Phone Number: 612-246-3934 Ext: 7184Recruiter Email: LinkedIn:
Keywords: Experis, Lake Forest , Software Engineer 3, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!