Principal Software Engineer
Company: Alcon MX
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Designs, develops, documents, tests, maintains, and debugs
applications software and systems that contain logical and
mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and
collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in
the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic
data processing systems for product and commercial software.
Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to
resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data
acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares
operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and
assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures
software standards are met.
- Applies advanced level software development principles to the
research and development of QNX applications.
- Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and
unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs with regular use
of ingenuity, creativity and originality to researching technical
- Assures continuity of products and processes through
feasibility assessment, research, design, development and
compliance to requirements.
- Leads design reviews, where applicable
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related
experience (or high school +13yrs; Assoc.+9yrs; M.S.+2yrs;
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate
- 5 Years of Relevant Experience Preferred Experience:
- BSc/MSc Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline and
10 years work experience.
- 10+ years hands-on QNX development experience.
- Experience with C/C++, and real time operating system
- Graphical User Interface development and customization.
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues
and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with hardware design constraints as applied to
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are
- Development of medical device software in an FDA-regulated
- Strong background in QNX software development.
- Development of Graphic User Interfaces using Photon microGUI
framework on QNX OS.
- Experience with multilingual GUI applications.
- Familiarity with multi-threading, interprocess communication,
and multi-computer architecture.
- Experience with hardware integration, driver development,
- Cybersecurity and related risk mitigation design
- Experience with approaches and platforms for sharing of
- Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that
facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design Alcon is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon
takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies
are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion
or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally
protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a
position, please send an email to email@example.com and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. At Alcon, we are committed to helping people see
better. We believe patients should have access to quality eye care
regardless of their economic circumstances; however, barriers to
good eye health exist for patients in both developed and emerging
markets. -Alcon develops and manufactures innovative devices to
serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. Its surgical group is
one of the largest makers of equipment used for cataract removal
and laser vision correction. Its consumer products include the
well-known Opti-Free line of contact lens solutions and related
products. Alcon, which was founded in 1945, sells its products in
180 countries worldwide.
Keywords: Alcon MX, Lake Forest , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!