IT Business Relationship Manager
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
The person hired in this role will be an established professional
in this type of IT Business Relationship Manager. This role will
focus in our Division in IT and work with our internal and external
partnerships. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following
characteristics in past support roles:
- Excellent understanding of the business processes, and strategy
from a local and global perspective.
- Is able to Influence and partner within the various business
groups to understand business strategy.
- Interacts on a regular basis with business leadership to ensure
needs are understood and IT updates are communicated on a
consistent basis to groups as needed.
- Understand and implement business needs into user and
- Collaborate with Corporate IT and external vendors in the
delivery of IT solutions per budget, timeline and service
- Review IT Statements of Work to ensure they clearly articulate
the business need and elevate concern if estimates don't align with
the work effort required to deliver the solution.
- Supports cross divisional business initiatives and explores IT
synergies and efficiencies.
- Manages IT budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures and ROI.
Continually looks for opportunities for cost reductions and cost
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership and capacity
- Establishes staffing/resource plans determining appropriate mix
of sourcing opportunities. Responsible for overall organizational
effectiveness and vendor management.
- Manage issues, risks and decision making within effective
time-frame and outcome.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships across all
levels within the Abbott IT organization and external
- Useful Technology Knowledge: (Digital/Mobility, Analytics
combined with Visualization Tools, Advanced Analytics (AI/ML), IoT,
Cloud Services (Using Multiple Partners), and familiar with
multiple device software platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or another discipline relevant to the Healthcare industry. Or the
equivalent of years of experience and education combined with HS
- 10 or more years of IT experience in a similar area of
- Successfully managed project portfolio with projects ranging
- Knowledge and demonstration of understanding of the complete
software life cycle including privacy and security
- 2 or more years of experience with vendor management locally
- Ability to collaborate with business leads, understand business
strategy/processes, look for innovative solutions to drive business
enhancements both for internal business users and external
- Work effectively with all levels of management up to and
including Division Directors and VPs.
- Commercial Division experience of at least 1 year or
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or similar field experience is
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new
employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to
help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your
future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Lake Forest , IT Business Relationship Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!