Lien Release Collateral Specialist
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: October 15, 2020
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through
technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need
to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career
opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our
employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our
corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance,
#TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there.
With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the
evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join
us!loanDepot - We are America's Lender.Position Summary:
Responsible for overseeing the processing of all lien releases,
reconveyances and discharges for all paid in full and liquidated
loans, as necessary, to comply with state mandated timelines. Also
responsible for requesting, tracking and delivery of collateral
documents through contact with the Document Custodians. Ensures the
performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies
and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates. Responsibilities:
- Processes all lien releases for paid in full loans in
compliance with state requirements.
- Ensures Document Custodians are responding to collateral
requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures vendor is processing lien releases in a timely
- Prepares Assignment of Mortgages, Satisfaction of Mortgages and
CEMA documents and arranges for execution, as required.
- Performs periodic performance audits of lien release
- Partners with other departments to develop strong
- Promotes employee engagement through motivational techniques,
runs performance contests, and serves as an exemplary example for
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Requirements:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to meet deadlines on time sensitive projects and
present to management and serve as an exemplary example for team
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages;
balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and
percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the
immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and
outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other
groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving
multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- High School Degree or equivalent required and one (1) + years'
working experience preferred. The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: loanDepot, Lake Forest , Lien Release Collateral Specialist, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!