Head of School
Company: Fusion Academy
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 15, 2021
About the Organization Fusion Academy is a revolutionary
alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers
a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the
nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has
campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated
learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special
learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences,
or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come
to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance,
Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in
their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round
on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal
and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students'
emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition
to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a
class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and
learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are
creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They
communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and
colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a
paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And
because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable
opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.
Location Lake Forest Description What if you could lead a school
where every classroom is just one student and just one
teacher?Position SummaryThe Head of School serves as the leader and
director of the Fusion Academy campus. The HOS will assist with the
school start-up as necessary, ongoing activities, and student
recruitment, and is directly responsible and accountable for
ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes of the
school. We are seeking positive, confident, entrepreneurial, and
energetic self-starters to lead this Fusion Academy location.You're
most likely a fit if:
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where 'everything
is possible' but resources can sometimes be scarce.
- You're passionate about developing people and feel successful
when your team drives results.
- Compassion and communication are at the heart of your
- Your values align with ours: Excellence, Passion, Innovation,
- We also believe in: "It's That Important!" We understand that
what we do has a tremendous impact on students. We cannot wait. We
cannot settle. We cannot quit. It's that important!This probably
isn't for you if:
- You are uncomfortable being accountable for quantitative
- You have little to no experience managing or motivating a high
- You have little to no experience working in a highly relational
environment where inspiration, relationships, and persuasion are
more important than the hard sell.
- You struggle to synthesize information into a coherent strategy
- You aren't passionate about the mission, issues, people, or
ideas that support our mission.Here's Some of Your Day to
- Select enthusiastic and competent staff and teachers who
possess the requisite subject-area expertise and an ability to
prepare students to be highly competitive in high school and
- Represent the school to all relevant audiences to begin
building a list of potential students to open the school. Have a
solid grasp of the school's features and can articulate them
- Create and lead a school culture that maintains a focus on a
positive student experience, academic results, and
- Develop and lead a system for the ongoing evaluation of teacher
performance that expects measurable results, supports improvement,
and rewards achievement.
- Develop and manage a system of collaborative faculty analysis
of student performance results that ensure a data-driven
- Refine and direct the school's academic program.
- Implement the school's academic offerings in coordination with
the FEG curriculum model.
- Ensure alignment of curricular standards with required
- Create ways to monitor and improve student learning; support
and implement a tracking system that allows teachers, the HOS, and
parents to know what standards students have mastered and those for
which further work is required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the school achieves
accreditation from the appropriate educational institutions.Lead
and direct the school's admissions program
- Lead the admissions process.
- Manage documents, data, and applicants effectively and
- Understand the characteristics of a successful school visit and
develop a welcoming atmosphere.
- Expand the applicant pool with open houses and appropriate
- Conduct intakes with parents and incoming students.
- Effectively lead the re-enrollment process; create strategies
for retention and to prevent attrition.
- Identify barriers to full enrollment.Take ownership of all
functions of the school
- Manage all aspects of the school, including budgets, managing
costs, revenue targets, and reporting on specific metrics.
- Be available for parents and students to address any of their
questions or issues.
- Provide consistent communication both within the school and
with all stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, compassionate customer service to parents,
students, and referral sources. Position Requirements What you
bring to the team:
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated successful leadership experience and
deep respect for teaching and learning
- Excitement for alternative or non-traditional education
- Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree preferably in Education,
Business or Organizational Development
- Experience interacting directly with a variety of
- Culture building, team creation, and inspirational leadership
- A passion for delivering mastery-based education to students
with learning differences, including social and emotional
- Experience managing a budget, financial reporting, and tracking
specific metric performance
- A demonstrated track record of success, career progression, and
- A passionate belief that students achieve the highest academic
standards when there are appropriate school processes &
procedures.Management & Leadership
- Managerial, program development, and leadership experience in
an educational school setting.
- People management experience, including:
- Ability to recruit and lead a professional staff.
- Experience with providing professional development and
- Strong ability to create and maintain a workplace culture
- Ability to drive the overall success and best represent Fusion
core values resulting in the recognition of staff.
- Visionary leadership that can articulate the value of
- A focus on collaboration, with agility in balancing varying
points of view in the process of decision making.
- Accept ownership and take responsibility for achieving specific
metrics of success.Personal Traits
- A passion for serving students.
- Personal motivation and passionate about achieving goals and
- Persuasive communication skills, with a strong customer
- Ability to quickly build relationships.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and create
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- High energy and tenacity.
- Highly organized with effective time management
- Base salary is competitive. In addition to base salary, Fusion
Heads of School are eligible for performance bonuses for KPI
- Fusion offers Heads of School a full range of benefits
including vacation and holiday pay, health, dental, 401K, basic
life & AD&D insurance, and long term disability insurance.Other
- Additional information about Fusion Academy is available at
- Please visit us on YouTube! Search: Fusion Academy
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, or sex. Number of Openings 1 Full-Time/Part-Time
Full-Time Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt This position is currently
Keywords: Fusion Academy, Lake Forest , Head of School, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!