VP Respiratory Business & Clinical Programs - Remote
Company: Apria Healthcare
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 18, 2021
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission
is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at
home by providing home respiratory services and select medical
equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster,
and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at.JOB
SUMMARYThis role will focus on the overall strategy, growth and
profitability of the respiratory business and providing leadership
for Apria's clinical programs. This person will be responsible for
actively managing and directing the team and cross-functional
organization to ensure the attainment of revenue and profit goals
for respiratory products. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong understanding of market dynamics and customer
insights in the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Provide thought leadership for the organization and create
strategies that strengthen Apria's role and position in driving
evolution and growth of this market segment.
- Evaluate new products and services within this category for
portfolio expansion opportunities.
- Partner with field, back office and other functions in support
of product objectives (e.g., help translate into sales strategy,
operational strategy, etc.).
- Collaborate with e-commerce team to develop strategies and
partnerships for retail channel growth.
- Obtain executive leadership team consensus on respective
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams responsible to execute
- Refine and develop Apria's clinical programs to ensure optimal
patient and business outcomes.
- Responsible for defining company policy and process for
clinical services as well as programs to support Apria's clinical
team to enable successful execution.
- Develop strategic partnerships with manufacturers to develop
capabilities and solutions in support of Apria's strategy.
- Maximize revenue and operating income opportunity from patient
- Collaborate with Managed Care to drive strategies that align
Apria and payor priorities and opportunities for driving more
cost-effective disease management solutions.
- Work with operations leadership to build competitive and
efficient service model, including exploring and implementing new
ways of servicing patients, and supporting training and
development.Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory
- Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory
- Support regulatory, legislative and clinical initiatives for
the industry on behalf of the industry as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, performance appraisal and
disciplining of subordinate staff.
- Responsible for financial management of direct budget.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- MD degree is highly preferred, other related clinical degree is
- At least 12 years related experience required.
- Strong knowledge of COPD market.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a COPD related leadership
- Proven track record of positive revenue and profit growth.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- N/ASKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong product roadmap development skills required.
- Ability to drive results working across functions.
- Clinical awareness and legal / regulatory compliance
- Ability to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Self-motivation skills and ability to engage others and quickly
move from ideas to actions.
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient
and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand
the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities
directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively
senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having
you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly,
concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and
inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent
with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and
well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to
be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and
building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your
influence on the organization.Computer Skills
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project,
Visio, WordLanguage Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)Mathematical Skills
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong
ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.Other
- Occasional travel requiredPHYSICAL DEMANDSThis is a stationary
position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive
wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color
vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require
occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling,
bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending,
stooping, and reaching above the shoulder.This position also may
require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs. OTHER
INFORMATIONThe essential duties and responsibilities, physical
requirements, and work environment described above are
representative of those typically required for this position but
may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific
locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical
requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that
function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing
all applicants and employees with equal access to employment
opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Lake Forest , VP Respiratory Business & Clinical Programs - Remote, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!