Senior Closing Specialist - Joint Venture
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a
strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing
the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams
which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are
all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a
positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to
take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary
employees. Come join us!loanDepot - We are America's
Lender.Position Summary: Responsible for closing, funding and audit
procedures for a pipeline of loans. Ensures the performance of all
duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures,
all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the
- Verifies loan meets requirements for issuance of closing
disclosures by utilizing the closing scheduler procedures.
- Reviews loan notes and underwriting conditions to verify
requirements are being met, ensuring data integrity between Empower
data entry and documentation on file.
- Enters loan conditions into system as needed, enters pipeline
comments and communicates status of files to parties involved.
- Manages a pipeline by following communication flow charts,
communicating current status of loans requiring corrections and
updates, and partnering with all parties for successful
- Adheres to communications protocol and follows established
policies and procedures, escalating issues as necessary.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with teammates and
- Promptly replies to emails and answers phone calls, stays
updated on all process/system changes, and ensures initial file
reviews are completed daily; adheres to fluctuating file processing
minimums as set by management.
- Ensures files and documents meet company, investor, and
compliance requirements; confirms that documents are drawn within
posted turn times and consistently meet deadlines.
- Processes files; completes quality, salable loans with minimal
- Verifies several aspects of the documentation and process
including, but not limited to: property addresses, wire information
for funding, information on insurance policies, all fees, impound
and MI. Ensure documents correspond to the correct program and
- Communicates with 3rd party providers to request corrections
and updates and to ensure timelines are being met.
- Coordinates and communicates with processing department for
correcting and completing the files.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of entire loan life cycle in order
to fully understand implication of the work of the closing
function; proficient user of the document management system.
- Accurately files documents information in the system and
ensures all information is complete and accurate. Uses checklists
and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all
- Responsible for prioritizing loans in a timely and efficient
manner and preparing CD by following established loanDepot
procedures as published in YODA.
- Collaborates with title/escrow companies to balance fees,
routes Mock CDs to appropriate parties, and issues CD to borrowers
- Follows established procedures and meets turn times in SLA,
ensuring collaboration with title and quality/accuracy of all
documents; escalates issues as necessary. Communicates changes
effectively and regularly with teammates and management.
- Prepares closing documents by following established procedures
published in YODA for both Wet and Dry funding states.
- Ensures funding conditions are satisfied and cleared prior to
ordering funding wire or authorizing disbursement.
- Confirms, verifies and orders funding wire ensuring timely
disbursement; reviews fully executed closing documents for
disbursement authorization; follows established procedures for both
Wet and Dry states.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience and/or training
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned
tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and
procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of
existing management policies and departmental practices and
- Meets established productivity and task management standards or
- Effective communication with internal departments and
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations. The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: loanDepot, Lake Forest , Senior Closing Specialist - Joint Venture, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!