Global Sourcing Leader
Company: Spectrum Brands
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum
Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential
locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial
locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including
Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL,
Pfister, EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with
#1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada
residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and
U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico
residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister),
and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange
County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates
manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Asia.
Establishes and leads cross functional commodity teams to create
and implement value optimizing supply strategies for assigned
commodity/commodities. Works with project teams to identify sources
and negotiate price and delivery for new components. The Sourcing
Leader is ultimately responsible for the supply relationship within
the assigned commodity/commodities. Relies on extensive experience
and judgment to plan and accomplish goals/strategies. A wide degree
of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to travel is
helpful. Research and categorize items within spend to help develop
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (30%) Manages ongoing relationships with suppliers
- (15%) Negotiate with suppliers to receive best overall cost of
components, service and delivery.
- (10%) Supports requests from Engineering and Marketing in the
launch of new products or components manufactured at
- (15%) Performs and Manages Competitive bidding process, Make vs
- (5%) Evaluate measure and report Supplier performance metrics
- (15%) Develops, implements, and maintains a commodity inventory
strategy that supports a company's supply chain.
- (10%) Evaluates market conditions in order to maintain
inventory levels and control costs.
Education and Experience Profile
- A Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field and /
- 3 - 5 Years sourcing experience, preferably in high volume
- A proven ability to drive lower costs through regional/global
- Considerable knowledge of sources of supply, markets, price,
and commodity trends, with the ability to accurately predict
marketplace events and develop both long-range strategy and
short-term contingency plans.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make
presentations and influence people at all levels of the
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities that often
have competing priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint,
Excel & Outlook.
- SAP and/or equivalent ERP systems
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Spectrum Brands, Lake Forest , Global Sourcing Leader, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!