Consumer Insights Manager - HHI
Company: Spectrum Brands
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum
Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential
locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial
locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including
Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL,
Pfister, EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with
#1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada
residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and
U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico
residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister),
and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange
County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates
manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Asia.
Spectrum Brands' global enabling functions, including Finance,
Legal, IT, Human Resources, Supply Chain, and Commercial
Operations, provide enterprise-wide strategy, structure, and common
processes to deliver the knowledge and expertise that helps our
businesses grow. Enabling functions may operate as a center-led
global team, providing a central strategy, structure, and
standards; or as business partner teams, with resources embedded
within the businesses to deliver business unit-specific
Position will support teams primarily based in Lake Forest, CA
The Consumer Insights Manager is responsible for the design,
implementation, and analysis of marketing research to provide
consumer insights for the Hardware and Home Improvement business
unit. They will act as a strategic consultant for the marketing
organization through the use of primary and secondary data
analysis. A successful person will bring creative solutions for the
collection and analysis of consumer trends, behaviors, and
preferences. The Consumer Insights Manager will need to have the
ability to build close working relationships with multiple teams
and be able to effectively communicate relevant research
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide recommendations to support strategic direction on
products, channels, and brands to Senior Management, Brand/Product
Manager, R&D, and sales based on market research.
- Work with Brand Marketing team on research that defines
consumer expectations, desires, etc.
- Lead marketing research projects to support new the product
development process optimizing product design, features, and
- Translate business questions into an appropriate research
methodology, and translate data and outcomes back into business
- Familiar with basic and advanced research methodologies, and
able to advise on research options.
- Demonstrates effective project management including selecting
and guiding suppliers, managing budgeting and timeline constraints
and, delivering actionable research reports.
- Present research to Senior Leadership, Brand Marketing, and
- Lead a variety of research including: consumer segmentation,
concept testing, advertising campaign testing, brand/category
awareness testing and general shopping behavior.
- Sets research standards to ensure projects are designed to ask
the right research questions and address important business
- Develop regular standardized reports summarizing research
findings as needed.
- Helps select and manage external agencies and suppliers by
setting a clear understanding of project scope, budget, and
- Collaborate with other leaders in the development of a
coordinated budget recommendation. Provide fiscal oversight of
allocated resources, assets and expenses. Make necessary decisions
to adjust for variations in projected budget income caused by
fluctuating volumes and other external factors.
- Establish library of all research derived from both internal
and external studies, and serve as central resource regarding all
consumer research for Spectrum Brands Hardware & Home Improvements
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or Masters strongly preferred
with a concentration in market research or marketing
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer insights/market research
or similar role.
- Client-side work in consumer products/durables preferred.
- Supplier-side research experience a plus.
- Broad based experience in quantitative and qualitative research
methods, with the ability to design and execute research from the
- Experience communicating to different audiences and
stakeholders: brand leadership, cross-functional team members,
agency and retail partners, etc.
- Experience discovering consumer insights that lead to
- Experience managing a research budget according to annual plan
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to analyze complex data and situations and
develop a range of solutions.
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical applications
- Must possess strong strategic skills to be able to draw
insights and recommendations from research.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, dynamic work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/strong organizational
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the
- Familiarity with marketing research measurement techniques,
practices, and theories.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of internal and
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Spectrum Brands, Lake Forest , Consumer Insights Manager - HHI, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!