Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Infection Preventionist
Company: Life Care Centers of America
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 6, 2021
For California Residents Only - Employee Notice:
obligates covered businesses to disclose to consumers, including
employees, at or before the point of collecting personally
identifiable information ("PII"), the categories of PII to be
collected and the purposes for which the categories of PII shall be
In the course of employment, your employer may collect the
following categories of PII for the following purposes: onboarding,
conducting background checks, compliance with public health orders
and necessary screening related to public health emergencies,
managing the employment relationship, including payment of wages,
time records, direct deposit authorizations, providing health and
welfare benefits, withholding of taxes, arranging for business
travel, reviewing motor vehicle driving records, and preparing
legally required records, such as I-9 and EEO-1 forms.
- Names, nicknames, postal addresses, phone numbers, email
addresses, and other unique identifiers.
- Education, professional and work history.
- Related family or other personal data for individuals (other
than employee) to be covered under a health or welfare
- Identifiers such as driver's license number, social security
number, passport number, banking account information, or other
fairly unique identifiers.
- Biometric data used for time clocks, such as numerical data or
fingerprints or thumbprints, or data related to physical
measurements of handprints, thumbprints or fingerprints.
- Temperature data and health screening information necessary to
comply with public health orders related to public health
emergencies, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Photographs submitted by employees used solely for the purpose
of health screening programs that use facial recognition
- Medical results and health related data resulting from medical
testing for COVID-19 and from any necessary related medical
- Airline, rental car, and hotel account/membership
- Internet or other electronic network activity information,
including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history,
and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an Internet
Web site, application, or advertisement.
We will not collect any additional categories of PII or use your
PII collected for any other purpose without providing you with
additional notice consistent with the CCPA.
The LPN Infection Preventionist evaluates the quality of
resident care and outcomes as they relate to Healthcare Acquired
Infections (HAI) and Community Acquired Infections (CAI) in
accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care
standards. Collects, prepares, and analyzes HAI data. Presents
infection data and makes recommendations for actions. Monitors
associate compliance with infection control standards through use
of barriers and infection prevention measures. Prepares and
presents education for the staff, residents, and families. Serves
as a resource to all departments and personnel.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have attended an accredited LPN program.
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must
maintain an active Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during
orientation. CPR certification must remain current during
- Must have completed an approved Infection Preventionist
Certification course (e.g., CIC, CBIC, IP-BC, IPCA, CDC).
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred.
- Must have applicable certifications or training per State
requirements (e.g., Certified TB Nurse).
Specific Job Requirements
- Serves as designated associate responsible for monitoring
Public Health Advisories from local, state, and federal agencies
including the CDC
- Serves as the on-site IPC for COVID-19 prevention and response
activities, in accordance with current CDC recommendations
- Maintains a current knowledge of infection control trends,
methodologies, and employee health practices
- Performs work within the scope of his/her license
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of Infection Prevention and Control
practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and
guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs,
goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Infection
Prevention and Control Program
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency
- Maintains professional working relationships with all
associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or
- Must understand and follow company policies including
harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life
Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and
other appropriate compliance training
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Life Care Centers of America, Lake Forest , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Infection Preventionist, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!