Logistics done differently.
As the Supervisor, Freight Operations, we'll count on you to
inspire your team to continuously raise the bar, while taking
responsibility for all day-to-day operational responsibilities. As
a member of our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and
the resources to build a career that will exceed your
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise staff during various inbound, city and/or outbound
- Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll
and other administrative functions
- Plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules,
regulations and laws
- Coach, train and develop employees in a manner consistent with
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding
your team to the same high standards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous
materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics,
or 4 years of related work or military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- LTL industry experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate
- Exceptional leadership, communication and administrative
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs.
frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock
that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outside in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Supply Chain, Logistics,
Manager, Operations, Management
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level,