3rd Shift Supervisor, Quality Assurance Inspection
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 8, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT: Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality of Assurance Supervisor is responsible for the
supervision and coordination of all Quality Assurance (QA)
inspection activities and for providing daily support to Herbalife
Manufacturing in Quality related issues. The Supervisor, Quality
Assurance Inspection directly supervises technical employees across
all 3 shifts to maximize productivity of assigned shifts and areas
at the highest quality and safety standards. This role will partner
with HIM production management to identify and resolve quality
issues expediently with adherence to applicable practices,
regulations, and requirements.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES - Quality Assurance
- Ensure adherence with current Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMPs), SOPs, state, and local regulations, in addition to customer
- Ensure QA review and approval of HIM processes, Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), specifications, analytical tests and
examinations, and deviations or modifications to them.
- Supervise, train, motivate and develop the Quality Assurance
- Participate in and/or lead implementation of quality
strategies, improvement of quality standards, goals, and
- Conduct and/or assist in investigations concerning operational
problems, production errors, and/or problems involving customer
complaints, and ensures required material reviews and disposition
decisions are properly conducted.
- Perform corrective and preventative actions regarding internal
and third-party audit deficiencies and performs quality line
- Supervise the approval or rejection of components, labeling,
in-process material, and finished products.
- Ensure that line inspection and in-process checks are properly
- Ensure representative samples of all in-process materials,
labeling, packaging, and finished products are collected, tested,
- Conduct periodic plant audits for strict adherence to cGMPs and
- Oversee the maintenance of the Retain Sample Program and
Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Perform investigations of customer complaints and identify
corrective actions; assist in implementing corrective or
preventative actions (CAPA) to ensure product quality.
- Help develop and implement Process Monitoring Systems by
identifying critical process steps which could culminate in
possible sources of manufacturing defects and devising methods to
reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of
- Perform trend analysis and report analysis to management as
- Gather data on performance metrics to facilitate the review of
program/product effectiveness, efficacy, and actions for adherence
- Under direction of the QA Manager, may perform or oversee the
completion of certain job functions required by a certified
Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PQCI).
- Provide customer service to all employees needing assistance
with GMP, GCP and GLP controlled documentation
- Oversee the update and maintenance of manual and electronic
tracking lists in the Quality Assurance databases.
- Ability to generate reports or matrices for QA department.
- Interact effectively with co-workers, management, and vendors
in order to effectively resolve problems.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company
guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and appropriate
industry and regulatory standards, guidelines, rules, and
- Ensures ongoing and timely support of project-related
activities and tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Quality Assurance Supervisor
- 5+ years Quality related experience in a food or dietary
- 2+ years Supervisory experience in a quality/regulatory
- Working knowledge of GMP and QA/QC in the food, nutraceutical,
or pharmaceutical industry
- BA/BS degree in a scientific field required
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Previous experience working in a food or dietary supplement
manufacturing plant Quality Assurance settingASQ, Six Sigma, or
Experience with Oracle, Agile
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - MS Windows, Word, and
ASQ Quality related certifications (i.e. CQI, CQA, CHA, CQE,
Experience using data analysis computer tools and statistical
Three years Quality Assurance Supervisory experience in a
regulated GMP environment
Keywords: Herbalife, Lake Forest , 3rd Shift Supervisor, Quality Assurance Inspection, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!