Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
Company: Panasonic Corporation of North America
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new
heights. We're the world's leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight
entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne
passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive
games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and
driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances
careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work
culture committed to delivering products and achieving high
results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one
way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in
a career while getting the support and resources from some of the
most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology
that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will
be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come
aboard, we've been expecting you!
Responsible for the development of new enterprise performance
management (EPM) systems and process based solutions as well as by
providing support, training and enhancements to existing
systems/processes. Will be responsible for capturing and analyzing
requirements from Finance and partner with IT and outside
consultants to deliver EPM solutions. Position will be responsible
for EPM applications for Finance. Will perform hands-on development
and collaborate with IT as needed on infrastructure support. Will
manage projects and will direct people. Will not have any direct
Project & Process Improvement
- Manages technical delivery team on a day-to-day basis and all
technical risks and issues, including close liaison with Oracle
Hyperion and IT staff amongst others to close down issues.
- Interfaces with business and IT stakeholders to anticipate
requirements and mobilize available resources to deliver solutions
to meet those needs.
- Drives continuous improvement and implements repeatable and
sustainable processes supporting period-end close, forecast, and
System Implementation & Enhancement
- Captures and analyze business requirements to formulate
application solutions to meet those needs.
- Creates of system design concepts and detail for implementation
including appropriate project plans and assessment of risk.
- Performs hand-on development as required as a member of the
- Acts as system project lead as necessary to ensure the
successful coordination between finance users, IT and external
consultants through completion of the project.
- Business applications development and maintenance
- ODI development and maintenance
Maintenance and Support
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for applications
within the area of responsibility and provides production
- Serves as the primary administrator of EPM applications for
- Analyzes gaps in existing applications and makes necessary
changes to optimize performance.
- Proactively communicates and reports issues, status, and
results to management with recommended solution.
- System maintenance, ODI, FDMEE, DRM, SQL, Security,
Automations, Development, etc
Financial application Administration
- Consolidate monthly Financial Forecast annual Business Plan
from EPM applications.
- Consolidate GL and Subsidiary data monthly for Month End
- Maintain financial allocation drivers and run allocations
monthly for close and forecast.
- Validate Financial data post consolidation of forecast and
Month End Close.
- Experience with leading technical projects thru full software
development life cycle.
- Experience with process re-engineering and driving continuous
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EPM products including Hyperion
Essbase, Planning, FDMEE, and ODI
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Essbase calc scripts, and data
- Ability to design, modify, develop, write, analyze and
implement EPM applications supporting financial planning,
reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with software development using full life-cycle
(Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate
business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to independently address a company system application
need with user customers, cooperatively conceive a direction, and
bring forth a recommended proposal for management review.
- Ability to act as an effective systems project manager and a
driving force in the creation of a system application.
- Ability to comprehend customer needs and implement the
application on time and within budget.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Management
Information System, or related field.
- 8+ years of direct work experience in developing and supporting
of EPM solutions including Hyperion and Cognos.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, or Essbase calc
- Good understanding of Unix and experience developing shell
- 5+ years of financial planning and business system analysis
work in multiple areas including: financial planning, business case
development, budgeting, operating plan development,
pricing/proposal development, R&D, cost management, cost
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company
policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety
sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or
law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to
respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Corporation of North America.
REQ: REQ-122484 IT
Keywords: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Lake Forest , Sr. Financial Systems Analyst, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!