Sr. Cybersecurity Compliance Analyst
Company: Panasonic Corporation of North America
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Due to COVID - This Position will be remote until end of 2021,
tentatively hybrid (remote & Irvine office) starting January
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new
heights. We're the world's leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight
entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne
passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive
games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and
driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances
careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work
culture committed to delivering products and achieving high
results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one
way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in
a career while getting the support and resources from some of the
most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology
that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will
be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come
aboard, we've been expecting you!
Responsible for supporting our Security Compliance team by
administering several, cybersecurity programs including
requirements analysis and definition, implementation management,
communication strategy requirements, program measurement and
reporting, and any associated risk management plans.
Support cybersecurity governance, risk, and compliance services
and assist with the evaluation and rationalization of risk
management controls for ISO27001, MPAA, PCI DSS, PA-DSS, security
and privacy requirements, and customer driven security obligations.
Perform risk assessments and support associated risk management
Security Risk and Compliance
- Participate in formal security risk analysis and technical
assessment programs for various cybersecurity compliance
initiatives and processes.
- Support Manager in driving a formal security controls,
assessment, and testing program.
- Liaise with airline customer security teams, systems and
software engineering, legal, and auditors to remediate new and
outstanding issues and track security compliance related issues in
a GRC system.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and
best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on
- Oversee PAC security policies, standards, guidelines and
baselines. Ensure policies are reviewed and updated regularly.
Promote and monitor our cybersecurity education and training
- Maintain expertise on security trends through training,
research and development to mitigate potential security exposures.
Train other staff and external clients as necessary.
- Review and negotiate data security issues that arise in a wide
variety of customer facing engagements. Respond to internal and
external consumers, regulatory bodies, and auditors about security
governance, risk, and compliance affairs and inquiries.
- Review and discuss security and business issues with internal
and external customers and Manager.
Security Risk Assessment
- Avoids security compliance challenges and security GRC impact
by understanding current and proposed security architectures,
enforcing cybersecurity related regulations, recommending new
security procedures and workflows to support GRC, and complying
with security requirements.
- Brief Manager on any issues requiring elevation due to
potential impact on company revenue, security compliance, customer
asset loss, and any cross-functional impact. Support Manager in
tactical execution of security governance, risk, and compliance
objectives by ensuring compliance with the security policies
related to risk management, customer security requirements, and
- Conduct periodic internal security reviews or risk assessments
to ensure that compliance procedures and technical configurations
- Provide guidance on compliance with global data security laws,
regulations, industry standards, self-regulatory requirements, and
best practices applicable to the aerospace industry.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and
- Ability to interface with all levels within organization and
provide input to facilitate decisions.
- Analytical skills and ability to formulate and articulate
- Familiarity with issues relevant to risk management in IFE
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast changing
- Highly organized, self-motivated and accountable
- Will be expected to learn quickly and effectively handle tasks
that require initiative and sound judgment.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT,
Information Assurance, or related field or 3 years of related
- Security Professional Certification (CISSP or CRISC) desirable
or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months after hire.
- 5+ year's in Data Security, Regulatory Compliance, or
Information Technology field.
- 5+ year's experience in Compliance or Vendor Risk Management
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels to resolve
issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Understands the need for, and consistently practices, effective
teamwork with others.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks and
projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a detail-oriented approach while
multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with multicultural environment to ensure sensitivity
to both internal and external customers.
- Expert skill level in using Microsoft Office Project and
similar scheduling applications.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company
policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety
sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or
law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to
respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Corporation of North America.
REQ: REQ-121758 IT
Keywords: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Lake Forest , Sr. Cybersecurity Compliance Analyst, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!