Vice President HOA Accounting
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsible for the completion of the various resorts' monthly
financial statements and their accuracy, audits, budgets, and
communication with the Board of Directors. This position is
responsible to ensure budgets are completed timely and accurately
to provide clients with a monitoring performance tool throughout
the year. Ensures proper training of HOA Accountants, guidance, and
analytical support for problem solving. Knowledge of financial
operations is vital to educate and to properly communicate with
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Direct Supervisor: Ken Loury - SVP - HOA Accounting
- Responsible for all accounting under Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles including month-end close, financial
statement review, and financial statement presentation to internal
and external stakeholders (Board of Directors). Communication with
HOA Board of Directors.
- Prepare and work on Budgets with onsite management and Director
of Resort Operations. Effective communication with clients ensures
contract retention; this role is vital every day.
- Supervise and monitor Sales accounting activity for clients.
Present financial statements to clients and answer related
questions. Client relationships is vital for business
- Present financial statements and budgets to Board of Directors
at Board Meetings. Present financial status of resorts at members'
annual meetings which provides assurance to clients of our
competency in managing their finances.
- Works with external CPA's on annual audits of various resort
- Direct leadership of a team of 8 with the potential of more.
Lead internal Finance team and business with the development and
presentation of budgets.
- Lead budgets from assumptions and risk perspective, identifying
areas for opportunity and savings.
- Travel to Mexico to review General Ledger, Bank
Reconciliations, and Review Monthly Tax Filings with onsite
controller and General Manager.
- Assist with the implementation and documentation of special and
new projects as needed. Ad-hoc strategic analysis.
- Candidate must be bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Advanced leadership skills, mentoring, coaching and
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Able to review and analyze financial statements
- Timeshare/Hospitality/HOA industry experience required
- Financial planning and analysis experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in presenting and discussing financial
- Strong written and oral persuasive communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Moderate Travel
- Ability to adapt in fast-paced work environment
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or
Finance required Minimum Experience required: 10 years' experience
with 5 years' of direct leadership experience Candidate must be
bilingual (English & Spanish) Skills Required:
- Advanced Accounting skills
- Advanced Leadership skills
- GL & Balance Sheet analysis
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions:
Essential Physical Tasks:
Normal office tasks
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Lake Forest , Vice President HOA Accounting, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!