Summary: Provides exemplary service to members by accurately and
efficiently handling their financial transactions in person or by
phone. To assist members and increase the profitability of their
business relationship with the credit union. To meet service and
sales goals. To embody the Credit Unions core values of
Professionalism, Integrity, and Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Inputs member transaction requests for account data changes,
cash withdrawals, transfers, check withdrawals, and loan
- Other transaction requests may also include travelers checks,
savings bonds, and money orders.
- Accurately answers member questions regarding credit union
products, services, and general credit union policies in a friendly
and courteous manner by phone or in person.
- Consistently balance to computer-generated totals within the
- Follows credit union policies and procedures to protects the
credit union from exposure to loss or fraud.
- Meets or exceeds assigned performance standards and goals
pertaining to member utilization of credit union products and
- Stays informed of credit union products, services, procedures,
new developments, and knowledge of the competition and their
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes time and resources to meet deadlines and accomplish
all work assignments.
- Demonstrates proficiency and ability of core competencies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education
degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual in Spanish
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and
multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these
operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: 10 Key, Word, Outlook, and Internet. Symitar
knowledge a plus.
Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Primarily in-door office work with quiet to a moderate noise
- Occasional work outside the office.
- Travel requirements - occasional local travel.
- Special schedules - position required to work Saturdays.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,