Project Manager - Building and Construction
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing,
Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for someone to
join our Building and Construction team. Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR
list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices
across North America, the building and construction team provides
the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry
with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From
testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences
solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the
Project Manager responsibilities will include project management
of small to medium-sized projects. The work will include building
enclosure consulting for new design and the evaluation,
investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. He/she
will manage a challenging major project, or multiple projects
requiring supervision of team members and client relationships. A
project manager must maintain professional relationships and
involvement in their field of technical expertise through
professional associations, committee work, and industry
- Assist with new design consulting and peer reviews of plans and
specifications for building enclosures
- Perform initial review of architectural drawings, shop drawings
and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
- Assist with/perform field performance testing and water leakage
testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain
walls, and other building elements.
- Assist with construction administration services, including
mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory
inspections and site visits.
- Assist with/perform forensic investigations and documentation
of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain
wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade
- Assist with remediation design of building enclosures.
- Prepare professionally written technical reports.
- Prepare sketches and details using AutoCAD or hand-written
- Litigation support for projects involving all of the issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Architectural
Engineering plus 5 to 8 years of industry experience,
- Professional registration or ability to obtain registration
within one year, preferred.
- Technical knowledge of building construction
- Technical understanding of building enclosure systems
- Field experience or strong interest in working onsite
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds,
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Consistent and professional interaction and communication with
clients and project team
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work
load and project locations
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the
- Field experience with diverse building types.
- Investigation of existing walls for leaks and other performance
- Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and
water infiltration and mock up testing.
- Safety Training/Scaffold Certification.
- Experience in difficult access/industrial rope access/rock
- AutoCad/Revit/BIM/Sketch-up proficiency
- Active in professional organization(s)
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to
industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories
and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries,
delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and
Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply
chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered
consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our
customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Intertek, Lake Forest , Project Manager - Building and Construction, Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!