Principal Data Solution Architect (Azure/Snowflake/Data Streaming)
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Position Summary: The Principal Data Architect will be a key
role to take loanDepot data estate to the next generation. At
loanDepot, we are leading the journey to a data driven
organization. We are developing cloud-based data platforms that
enable fast decision making and analytical capabilities for
financial services. Responsible for designing and executing data
distribution frameworks, data streaming, vendor evaluation, cloud
warehouse evaluation, and developing data catalog and observability
systems. This position ensures the performance of all duties in
accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S.
state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company
- Own data architecture and develop data engineering framework
with cloud native approach.
- Quickly understand the current landscape of data and provide
recommendations on building the future data products with
best-in-class components, frameworks and design patterns.
- Establish data pipeline patterns, provide recommendations and
- Analyze and influence end-to-end data and integration design
for key business domains.
- Architect and design solutions for data quality,
security/privacy, reliability and data governance.
- Embrace and influence technology platform thinking and drive
architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and
- Contribute to and implement the architecture strategy for
enterprise data management.
- Keep a pulse on the industry, and research, evaluate and
recommend new technologies, tools and frameworks for high volume
- Coach and mentor engineering teams to raise collective
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced
with tactical timelines, cost and risks.
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development
standards, training and hiring. Requirements:
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment
(Azure or AWS or GCP).
- Hands on experience building data engineering solutions using
Microsoft Azure stack, including ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Azure
Event Hub, Azure Databricks, and Power BI. Experience on AWS, GCP a
- Experience in one or more languages required: Java, Scala,
NodeJS, Python, Go.
- Advanced experience building cloud scalable, real-time, and
high-performance data lakehouse solutions leveraging Cloud-native
data warehouse/lakehouse, Modern Data Stack
(airflow/prefect/dagster, dbt, reverse ETL), Streaming technologies
(AZURE EVENTHUB, KAFKA, or AWS KINESIS).
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous
integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated
integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- Experience with any of the reporting tools like Power BI,
- Experience with NoSQL Databases.
- Experience deploying (DaaS) Data as a service,
- Experience with DevOps concepts, scripting.
- Snowflake experience is a strong plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A.
in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or
- Ten years of wide-ranging data experience working with and
influencing multiple teams.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex
organizations requiring strong influence management skills -
ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment.
Why work for #teamloanDepot:
- Work with other passionate, purposeful and customer-centric
- Aggressive earning potential with good career growth
- Inclusive, diverse and collaborative culture where people from
all backgrounds can thrive
- Extensive internal growth and professional development
opportunities including tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Wellness program to support both mental and physical
- Generous paid time off options to support work-life balance
About loanDepot: loanDepot (NYSE: LDI) is a digital commerce
company committed to serving its customers throughout the home
ownership journey. Since its launch in 2010, loanDepot has
revolutionized the mortgage industry with a digital-first approach
that makes it easier, faster, and less stressful to purchase or
refinance a home. Today, as the nation's second largest non-bank
retail mortgage lender, loanDepot enables customers to achieve the
American dream of homeownership through a broad suite of lending
and real estate services that simplify one of life's most complex
transactions. With headquarters in Southern California and offices
nationwide, loanDepot is committed to serving the communities in
which its team lives and works through a variety of local,
regional, and national philanthropic efforts. We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not
discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status. #LI-SS
#LI-Remote PM17 PI200599145
Keywords: loanDepot, Lake Forest , Principal Data Solution Architect (Azure/Snowflake/Data Streaming), Other , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!