Associate IT Business Systems Consultant - North America Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Our location in -Lake
County, Illinois -has an opportunity for an Associate IT Business
Systems Consultant. This role will be the default point of contact
for IT with the business. - This role will work with the Core
Diagnostics Manufacturing and Supply Chain business stakeholders to
plan, deliver, and prioritize solutions that grow and enhance the
business. - He or she will also be working closely with the IT
delivery organization to execute projects for these solutions
successfully.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Seeks to understand business strategy and assists in
development of the IT strategy that ties back directly to the
- Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design,
justification, implementation and business use of information
- Works directly with clients and applies IT and business
knowledge and experience to develop and understand the business
case and business requirements to solve for technology related
- Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents
- Identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and
makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new
or existing IT technology components.
- Elicits and communicates the organization's business
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand
specific business processes and needs and opportunities for
- Identifies IT capabilities and information required to support
the business processes and collaborates in the development of
appropriate information management strategies.
- Developing them as an integrated part of the business
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and
Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs in supply chain
and manufacturing. Works with corporate service providers to
evaluate alternative IT solutions using standard information
systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with
business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT
- Develops information systems strategies that meet the
requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of
alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business
strategies and technology directions.
- May conduct training.
- Identify process disconnects and translate them into
improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance,
productivity improvements, or revenue generating business
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with
other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and
support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT
organizations to assure effective communication between the groups
- Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers;
coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on
project status, and inform customer management of progress;
conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves
conflicts.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRINGMinimum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. No advanced degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Business Systems
- IT expertise in various disciplines; Supply Chain or
Manufacturing or ERP experience will be ideal.
- Good organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and
- Good influence and negotiating skills.
- Proven experience and understanding of the complete software
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.Preferred
- Track record and business knowledge in pharmaceutical or
medical device industry.
- Technology knowledge of the following disciplines a plus:
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management Systems
(WMS), ERP, and digital supply chain.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with vendor management, Phase 0s, Statement of Work
(SOW) and Request for Proposals (RFP) reviews.WHAT WE OFFER At
Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation,
incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - Follow your career aspirations
to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides
the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Lake Forest , Associate IT Business Systems Consultant - North America Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Professions , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!