OSP Construction Planner - Cox
Company: SRI Telecom
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Information:In the exploding business of
modern telecommunications, SRI is at the forefront of this
expansion by helping companies build, integrated & staff the
cutting-edge networks. SRI is proud to only work with the largest
service providers in the country who gives us endless opportunities
for business and personal growth!Description of RoleSRI Telecom is
looking for an Outside Plant Telecommunications Construction
Planner with relevant OSP construction related experience to assist
in the route planning for OSP fiber infrastructure. The successful
applicant will focus on reviewing and correcting as-built designs
of complex outside plant Fiber networking and work to identify
efficient paths for new fiber construction. This position is a
long-term contract position with Cox Communications and may present
an opportunity to go in-house over time. Tasks
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing,
estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures
alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for
- Work closely with contractors, vendors, and city planners for
permitting, right-of-way, and easements.
- Coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits,
access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design
prints and other necessary working documents.
- Coordinates all customer implementation activities including
site walk-throughs, node placements, and subcontract Labor
Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial
customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in
database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure
proper closure of project.Skills & Responsibilities
- CATV/HFC/TELCO/UTILITY OSP planning/construction related
experience and knowledge is preferred.
- Must have personal vehicle for reimbursable local travel to
- Must be proficient in Excel, reading system maps, PDF drawings,
construction drawings, etc.
- Must have experience working on a project team and managing
milestone execution on projects.
- Self-motivated problems solver with the ability to balance
multiple projects and priorities.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be
organized, detail oriented and personable.
- Must have a construction background, preferably with
telecommunications, administrative skills, computer skills,
field/data entry background, ability to read and interpret maps,
and a good understanding of fiber optic materials and
- Positive attitude and willing to learn and stick with the
position.Work ScheduleMonday through Friday 7 am-3:30 pm in a home
office environment with few visits to the field.BenefitsSRI offers
W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such
as as 40 hours paid vacation, 7-paid holidays, health/dental/vision
insurance, 401k, HSA, and others!SalaryThis position pays an
average of $35.99/hr. and mileage reimbursement accordance to
national standard.Location: 9261020 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: SRI Telecom, Lake Forest , OSP Construction Planner - Cox, Professions , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!