Pricing Data Analyst
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Lake Forest
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is
part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing
togetherexceptional teams of experts and industry leading
technologies. The scope of the Pricing Data Analyst includes
responsibility to support the newly formed Infectious Disease
Pricing Team by developing anddeploying key pricing analytic tools
that support the entire ID product portfolio. This individual will
report into the Pricing Director and will help to define the
metrics that will measure the optimization of revenues and
profitability products by customer type.The Infectious Disease
portfolio includes multiple testing platforms including the ID NOW
point-of-caremolecular platform and lateral flow technology. The ID
products are utilized in a variety of settingsincluding: health
systems, individual hospital and physician offices, urgent care,
retail health, pharmacy,student health centers and public health
facilities.Job Description Summary:This role requires an individual
with a passion for analyzing big data and providing insights for
actionable business decisions. The Sr. Pricing Data Analyst will
apply data-mining, statistical and advanced modeling techniques to
different types of data on a regular basis. This position requires
a motivated self-starter, driven by accomplishment and
accountability with strong attention to detail and adaptable to
changing requirements and priorities.Primary Function:The Pricing
Data Analyst will be responsible for looking creatively at
complicated business problems and developing innovative pricing
models, which can be used by senior management in decision making.
Will be responsible for data management and visualization with a
focus on creating business intelligence tools, conducting analysis,
and assuring data quality.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with pricing, commercial, contracting and finance teams
to build a robust analyticand metrics approach that align to
- Analyze and summarize actual product pricing trends in
comparison to plan, in coordinationwith the finance team, to assess
status and inform appropriate corrective actions if required.
- Work closely with established Contracting and Pricing, Global
Pricing Strategy and MarketAccess Teams to align process and
approach for a cohesive divisional pricing strategy.
- Support the US ID pricing council with monthly metrics and to
prepare for quarterly planning,along with seasonal promotional
- Participate in the development of the pricing model analytics
to support determination of trueprofitability of customers and to
identify pricing and margin improvements to optimizecontracts with
- Provide insight into competitive pricing models and potential
pricing scenario structures fornew product introductions or new
customer segments.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in pricing, data analytics or
finance. History in healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience in creating metrics and analyzing trends for
multiple products and customertypes.
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models to analyze
and recommend pricing actions.
- Knowledge of pricing rules and processes.
- Understanding of pricing processes including the integration
with established financialreporting and information
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Finance,
Health Economics preferred.
- History in healthcare preferred.COMPETENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical
packages for analyzing large datasets (e.g., Python, R, SAS
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik
Sense, Power BI, etc.
- Analytical experience in data analysis, health care pricing,
healthcare economics or related discipline
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to create
and deliver professional andimpactful presentations.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
and different organizationallevels to deliver results.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Lake Forest , Pricing Data Analyst, Professions , Lake Forest, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!